Chapter 1: Rebirth

Start from the beginning

Speaking of Yan Wang, in the land under heaven regardless if it was men, women, young and old, even ignorant baby had heard of his prestigious name. The previous emperor's final years of Jianzhao was very turbulent, Bu Guifei with the help of powerful eunuch controlled the court, if it weren't for Yan Wang to send the troops to the capital in time, corrected the chaos and killed the eunuch, afraid that the future would change drastically.

Yan Wang protected the emperor and calm the upheaval, and after the death of the previous emperor, he supported the new emperor who was only eight years old to succeed the throne. The Great Zhou Dynasty's vassal state in the border took advantage of the new emperor young age. In the second year, many places in the border were becoming restless. Yan Wang took the initiative to ask for battle and brought the troops out of the capital to pacify the chaos. At that time Gao Xi was seriously ill bedridden for several days. The front line heard the news that Yang Wang had great victory, after the good news came, the court cheered. To put it more bluntly, the little Emperor was young, the Empress Dowager was cowardly, and the bureaucrats in the court were in chaos. Now the whole Zhou Dynasty was guarded by Yan Wang.

Yan Wang had only one son, Gu Cheng Yao. As Gu Cheng Yao's wife, when father-in-law repeatedly made military achievement, Gao Xi should feel proud. It was a pity that the glory of Yan Wang Mansion belongs to Yan Wang Mansion and had nothing to do with her.

Gao Xi sometimes wondered, when she first married Gu Cheng Yao, he had a deep affection, but why did he became cold all of a sudden?

She still remember that on the first night of their marriage, when Gu Cheng Yao lifted up her veil, he deliberately avoided everyone and said to her with a smile: "Look, I still found you."

Gao Xi was confused. What does that mean? However, the newlyweds were already thin-skinned, and Gu Cheng Yao regarded her silence as shy and stopped mentioning it with a faint smile. Which girl didn't cherish spring, Gao Xi grew up listening to Yan Wang's achievements, and now she married Yan Wang's only son, and the other person was such a deity, Gao Xi's small heart was instantly hit, and she became both anxious and happy to be Gu Cheng Yao's wife. In the next month, the two of them were very affectionate, almost inseparable, Gao Xi was so happy like she was falling into a honeypot. Since she was a child she grew up seeing her mother suffer from concubine's tricks. She never thought that her marriage would be an unexpectedly happy one.

But she still miscalculated God's kindness. The flowers will wither, a beautiful face will grow old, and things that are too good will never stay long. In just one month, Gu Cheng Yao's attitude took a sharp turn. That day, he looked at her coldly and asked: "Why did you lie? Why become an imposter?"

What?

She was sewing clothes for Gu Cheng Yao at that time. She was not very good at female's art, because she was always compared to Gao Ran, she didn't like doing it even more. But now, she wanted to make a set of clothes for Gu Cheng Yao with her own hands, even piercing her fingers with needles. Hearing Gu Cheng Yao's words, Gao Xi was confuse, what lie? What imposter?

Since then, Gao Xi and Gu Cheng Yao's husband and wife relationship had cooled down. Gao Xi was the eldest granddaughter of a Duke mansion, and had a princess grandmother that always spoiled her so she had stubborn personality. If Gu Cheng Yao didn't want to come then don't come. Don't expect her to be like a concobine, fighting for favor to make him stay.

Later, the husband and wife became more and more alienated, and they turned into enemies. In the end, when Gao Xiyu fell ill and couldn't get up again on the sickbed, Gu Cheng Yao refused to even look at her.

Gao Xi was a very proud person, but this failed marriage completely destroyed all her pride.

Gao Xi was not reconcile when she's facing death. Where did she not do well? Why Gu Cheng Yao didn't like her? Even if he didn't like her, how could he not even give her the last dignity as his wife?