11

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I sit up in the hospital bed next to Ron as Professor Snape, McGonagall, and Slughorn walk into the room with Dumbledore. Madam Pomfrey scolded me once already for laying in the bed without an injury, but she hasn't told me off again after I didn't move but Monie scolded me three times already while Harry and Ginny just watched amused.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar," Dumbledore said to Harry. "You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm?" Slughorn mumbles and looks away from Ron. "Oh, yes, very proud."

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic," McGonagall said, and I smile at Harry. "The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore said and takes the bottle from Slughorn. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?"—he sniffs the bottle—"Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift myself," Slughorn said.

"To whom, I might ask?"

"To you, Headmaster," Slughorn answers him.

My eyes widen as we all look at him. "I was not expecting that," I mumble, and Harry pinches my leg causing me to glare at him.

"Where is he?" Lavender's voice enters the room and I groan, sitting up properly now with my legs hanging off the bed. "Where's my Won-Won?" She runs over to the end of the bed, and I roll my eyes. "Has he been asking for me?"

"Not once," I said bluntly, and Harry smacks my arm. "I dare you to do that again," I glare at him, and he snorts.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender exclaims, looking at Monie and slowly I grab the pillow for the end of the bed.

"I might ask you the same question," Monie retorts back while standing up.

"I happen to be his girlfriend," Lavender said and moves closer to Ron with me and Harry behind her now.

"I happen to be his...friend," Monie hesitated to say.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks," Lavender said. "I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting."

"He's been poisoned you daft dimbo!" Monie exclaims and I smile at her proudly. "And for the record, I've always found him interesting." I like seeing this side of Monie.

Lavender scoffs and I lift up the pillow to smack her on the back of the head with it but then someone snatches it from my hands, and I glare at the person behind me, but it drops as I realize it's Snape.

I nervously laugh and give him a smile before Harry grabs my arm and drags me to the other side of the room near Monie.

Ron starts to mumble words and we all go silent, expect damn Lavender. "Ah. See? He senses my presence."

"And somehow you didn't sense I was gonna hit you with a pillow," I mumble, and Harry pinches my arm again. "Stop pinching me," I whisper and swat his hand away.

"Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here," Lavender said, and this time Harry rolls his eyes.

Ron starts to mumble again. "Uh, Hermione."

I burst out laughing and then cover my own mouth while mumbling sorry as the Professors all look at me. Lavender runs out of the room while Monie holds Ron's hand and I turn my back to them as I try my hardest to stop laughing.

"Oh, to be young, and to feel love's keen sting," Dumbledore muses and I turn back around. "Well, come away, everybody. Mr. Weasley is well tended."

The Professors and Ginny leave the room and I smirk at Monie as she looks up at us.

"Oh, shut up," she mumbles and I start to laugh again.