9

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"Start explaining now," Enzo demands as I walk into my room and scream in surprise at all the boys waiting around my room.

"Fucking hell," I gasp, clutching my chest. "I literally just got back."

None of them say a word as Blaise holds up the Daily Prophet.

"Oh, so you know," I mumble and close my door behind me, dropping my trunk next to my desk. "I'm alive so what does it matter?"

"It matters because you nearly died," Mattheo snaps and stands up from my bed. "You didn't even tell one of us. We had to read about it when we got back here."

"I didn't want to stress anyone out," I confess and sit down at my desk. "I was worried the lot of you would hunt me down and drag me back here to be under your supervision."

They all stay silent and then Theo snorts. "We all know she's right about that."

"See," I exclaim and point at Theo. "You all know it's true."

Enzo stands up and groans but pulls me into a hug. "Don't scare me like that again or I really will drag you home."

I shake my head and then push him away and look around at the boys. "What do you guys know about Fenrir Greyback?"

Draco pales and the rest of the boys go deathly quiet as they look at Mattheo.

"Why?" Mattheo asks while looking at me and ignoring the boys. "Did he hurt you?"

"He's the one that killed my mother and sister," I state without looking away from him. "I'm going to kill him."

Mattheo blinks hard a few times and then looks at the boys for a long moment before walking straight out my door without another word but I saw the anger coating his eyes.

"Stay here for the rest of the night," Enzo said before following Mattheo with Draco and Theo.

I watch my door close and then exhale a long breath and turn to Blaise who is already watching me with worry.

"What's wrong?" I ask him while standing up.

"I thought you got hurt," his voice breaks and he drops his head into his hands. "Fuck Tina."

"I'm okay, Blaise," I said softly and sit down beside him. "I'm back here and I'm safe."

"You need to stay away from us," he blurts and stands up, looking at me with tears in his eyes. "That's why we were acting weird on the train because we all agreed that once we return back—" he shakes his head and steps back as I take a step toward him, feeling my heart slowly cave in. "Our friendships are over," he whispers, and I feel everything in me turn cold. "Stay away from us, Val. You don't understand how much it kills us to do this, but we have to, or you will, and I mean will get hurt."