Chapter 4: Pixies and Professors

Start from the beginning

You are like a brother to me. If you need to talk to me, you can whenever you need to. I don't know what happened but it will be fine, you're strong, whatever it is it will be fine.

-Draco

The note was sweet and he gave Malfoy as genuine of a smile as he could before going back to note taking.

The day continued much like this, Draco being annoyingly close, almost as if he knew. Just being around him and feeling the joy he is feeling cheers up Caydens mood. Draco unfortunately can't be nice forever and he ends up getting into a spat with Harry and a first year Gryffindor. To make matters worse Crabbe and Goyle were lurking only a few metres behind them just waiting for a chance to back Malfoy up. Malfoy makes some snide remark towards Potter and the scrawny year one looks terrified. The kid can't be much thicker than Crabbe's neck but he looked ready to back Harry up. Harry stand up for himself after Malfoy says something about Harry handing out signed papers before the boy pipes up.

"You're just jealous." Right as he says it Malfoy turns to him.

"Jealous?" He starts.

"Don't please not today." Cayden says rubbing his forehead with his hand.

"Fine, but for the record I don't need a stupid scar across my face to be popular." Malfoy says as he turns away. Ron as always has to make the situation worse.

"Eat slugs, Malfoy." He yells angrily as Draco was walking away. Everyone turns toward him. Crabbe and Goyle turn and start to rub their knuckles as if they were going to fight him. Cayden doesn't turn back to Ron. He doesn't help the kid. He doesn't do anything, that is what slytherin's do after all. Right? They are sneaky, manipulative, they don't ever think of anyone else. So who cares if his friends get pummeled by Crabbe and Goyle. He doesn't. He walks to his next class trying not to let everyone else's emotions take over, his were bad enough.

He stumbled into defence against the dark arts which thankfully for Cayden only had a few students who were just studying. No intense emotions so he could just calm down for a bit before the students flooded in with the bell. He opened up his bag and sorted through the books even trying to read a few. Honestly they were hilarious. How anyone could take this man seriously was beyond him. He was hoping the professor was more down to earth then he appeared in the media. This whole thing is probably just a facade so he can sell more books and the real man behind them is just a normal dude. Boy Cayden couldn't be more wrong. Once the whole class had seated Lockheart had everyone look towards him only to brag about himself then pull out the most narcissistic test he had ever seen and he had spent the summer with Lucius Malfoy. He also spent the class feeling all the love emotions from the girls in the class. It's as if they all were head over heels for this fairly average looking man. All the classes' emotions were too much; he didn't even bother to complete the test. At this point he would rather just fail. After the test this professor decided the best way to learn about Cornish pixies was to unleash a horde of them on the class that even he couldn't contain. He had decided that Harry, Ron and Hermonie or the "Golden trio" were better equipped for this job, or at least more so then the now wandless teacher. Cayden stayed back with the three as they tried to clean up this mess.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME." Cayden shouted at a now gone professor. "Did he seriously just run out the door and leave you three to clean up his mess."

"Well hands on learning experiences have proved to be the most effective, plus the three of us are the most advanced in defence against the dark arts after last year." Hermonie said while dodging the pixies who have now turned their attention onto the four students' wands. She had managed to get one of them with a freezing charm but once it was in the cage it didn't last long enough to get them all frozen.

"A) I remember that the four of us were there last year and you all needed me more than a few times throughout the year and B) hands on is only effective in a controlled environment." Cayden says grabbing a pixie by its legs holding it up. "This is not a safe environment!"

"Look, we can argue about this after we figure out how to deal with them." Harry said.

"Didn't Professor Lockhart try a spell, pesky something or other." Ron says, trying to wrangle his broken wand from the three pixies that had managed to grab hold.

"It's not pesky, it's Peskipiksi." Hermonie corrects him.

"That's it!" Cayden shouts and he grabs his want from a pixie throwing it off before aiming his wand at it. "Peskipiksi Pesternomi." Cayden shouting the spell forces the fairy to stumble back a bit. Hermonie tries it flicking her wand a bit and hers shoots the pixie all the way into the cage. Harry tries and fails and Cayden manages to get it. The three of them shoot the pixies back while Ron acts as bait for them.

"See I told you he gave us everything we needed to solve it. Professor Lockhart knew we would be able to do it because he believed in us. He trusts us and knew what he was doing." Hermonie says confidently, securing the pixies back into their cage.

"Oh yeah if he knew what he was doing then why the hell would he leave his wand here in the hands of a pixie." Cayden says,waving the professor's abandoned wand and raising his voice a bit at the absurdity of her point.

"You wouldn't understand the genius of a man like him. You haven't even read his books. I saw your paper, you couldn't answer a single question." Hermonie snaps back. This is the moment when Harry knew he needed to intervene.

"Look, this has been tiring for all of us and we should get going. I'm sure we can talk about this another time." He says leading hermione out the door with Ron following close behind. Cayden looks down at the professor's wand and makes a mental note, nine inches, bendy cherry wood, and a strong core, probably dragon heart. He knew wands revealed a lot about a person and he wondered what this would reveal about him. He leaves the wand neatly on the table before heading out.

WORD COUNTER 1970

UNEDITED

A/N

Sorry I have been off things haven't been great but I hope y'all still enjoy the stories and I have genuinely loved reading all the comments even if I don't get a chance to reply to them they mean the world to me knowing people enjoy what I have to offer. I really appreciate your kind words and I hope that even though things are getting busy I will still be able to publish more.