He had thought that he had the potential to drink a thousand cups without toppling, that he was a strong drinker, but it turns out... what Emperor Father drank was not wine, but water???

What the heck, what a disappointment.

Though he thought this in his heart, Rong Ting didn't dare to show it. He "exaggeratedly" patted his chest with a look of rejoicing. "That's great, Empress Mother, you don't have to be angry. I have not drunk wine. Wine is not a good thing; I will not touch it." He paused, feeling that he shouldn't be too absolute. Who knew how things would change in the future? He added, "I will listen to Grandfather–I will not touch it until I am at least eighteen."

How quick-witted he was!

Song Yuan gave him a glance, instantly seeing through his thoughts. "You'd better do as you said."

"I will certainly do as promised."

The mother and son walked into the elevator.

Over in the ward, Rong Heng got out of bed and walked over to the desk where the mini fridge was placed. With a befuddled look, he opened the fridge, but he was still unable to figure out what had just happened. How strange–he was certain he hadn't seen wrong. She definitely came in in an aggressive manner, and for a second he suspected she was going to give him a sound lashing. But in just a few seconds, her face changed faster than flipping a book... how should he put it? At the very end, the words she said to him and her smiling expression made him feel extremely out of sorts.

Was she really just thirsty?

It really wasn't originally to quarrel with him?

Rong Heng's goal had been achieved, so there was no need to stay in the hospital any longer. After the fever died down, he had Sun Qiming assist him with the discharge procedures.

He still hadn't determined whether this trick of wronging himself to gain her compassion was useful or not, but regardless, he had reached the stopping point and couldn't take it too far.

It was just a common cold and fever. If he stayed in the hospital for longer, she would inevitably start to suspect him.

Song Yuan received a call from her bestie Xie Ya, who invited her to a hot spring in the neighboring city. Two other friends were also going. Xie Ya had a stroke of fortune this year; her hometown was going to be demolished. After doing some calculations, Xie Ya should be able to get about one million. Transforming from a poor family into a millionaire rich woman left Xie Ya so happy she couldn't sleep for several nights. The end-of-year bonus was also pretty substantial, so she grandly booked a night in a villa in the neighboring city's hot spring. She wanted to bring a few girlfriends to enjoy it together~

Ever since they graduated, Song Yuan had much fewer opportunities to meet up with her friends. Everyone was busy with their own work and lives, and there was no way for them to get together as often as they did in their days as students. She wanted to agree, but when she recalled that they were staying for one night, she couldn't make up her mind. Her parents were busy networking during this period and didn't have the time to help her look after the child...

After thinking about it, she thought of Rong Heng.

If he was just Rong Heng, she would definitely ask him to take Rong Ting for two days–after all, he was Rong Ting's dad. But he was also Xie Heng. She didn't know whether or not to ask.

Finally, Song Yuan gritted her teeth and dialed Rong Heng's number.

It was a rare chance for her and her friends to get together. She really didn't want to miss it.

Rong Heng was reading books and newspapers when the cell phone on the desk vibrated. He picked it up and impatiently glanced at the screen. When he saw that it was Song Yuan calling, he thought he was seeing it wrongly. After staring blankly, he snapped out of his daze and hurriedly answered. His speed was extremely fast, but his tone was still unhurried. "Hello."