The first snow came earlier this year. In previous years, it had come on New Years; this year, it was on Christmas Eve.

But because of this snow, the Christmas spirit was even stronger.

Song Yuan was very aware of her capabilities. She had only gotten her driver's license when she was in college, and the actual amount of time she had been on the road wasn't that long. Don't even mention driving on snowy days–she didn't even dare to drive on rainy days. Today, snow was beginning to fall early in the morning. Although the ground wasn't covered with snow, Song Yuan still changed her mind and decided not to drive for a while. Although there was no direct line to her uncle's company by subway, there was one by bus, so it was still very easy to travel to work.

Rong Ting scurried out onto the balcony in fluffy pajamas. Looking at the snow outside, he couldn't help but exclaim, "Auspicious snow heralds a prosperous year!"

Both the house and the company had heating, and Song Yuan didn't dare to go down the route of sacrificing warmth for fashion. She simply wore a down jacket and put on a hat and gloves before getting ready to head out.

"Gugu, I'm heading to work." Song Yuan stopped at the entrance. "It's snowing today, so the auntie will probably be late. If you feel hungry, drink a cup of milk to pad your stomach."

During this period of time, Song Haiping and Chen Linjing were both busy with social events and basically had no time to look after Rong Ting. Fortunately, the auntie they hired was kind and honest, and her cooking was good, which left Song Yuan at ease.

Of course, Rong Ting was also very stress-free. He already had the potential to be a homebody. It didn't matter if he couldn't go out for one day–just give him a brush, paper, and ink, or give him a few books. If he had a bit more snacks and Yakult, he would be happy and content.

"En." Rong Ting trotted over. "Empress Mother, be careful out there today."

Song Yuan looked at Rong Ting and thought, it would be nice if Gugu were a girl. If he were a girl, she could hug him and kiss him and lift him up. Unfortunately, Gugu always insisted that "a grown son must distance himself from the mother." He was only willing to accept holding hands, or a hug if he was extremely happy. As for a kiss...there had never been, nor would there likely ever be, such an occurrence.

Song Yuan exited the neighborhood community with an umbrella in hand.

It was quite cold today, but fortunately she wore many layers. It was probably due to the snow, but she noticed that the normally-sparse bus stop was almost completely packed with people today.

Her scheduled bus had arrived. She jogged over and just barely managed to make it. She swiped her bus card and headed for the middle.

"Please sit here." Among the group of youths who pretended to sleep, one man dressed in an overcoat stood up and offered his seat to an old man.

The man's white hair was quite conspicuous. At a glance, Song Yuan could recognize that this was the good-looking man she had run into at the bakery, as well as the man who had offered his help that day.

Evidently she wasn't a common face, either. The handsome man also recognized her with a glance. After a stunned expression flashed across his face, he shot her a smile.

The two came and stood together as the bus traveled smoothly. The road was icy, and the driver didn't dare to drive too fast, nor did the passengers dare to rush the driver or complain.

"Why didn't you drive today?" Rong Heng asked in a warm voice.

Song Yuan grabbed a grab handle. She usually didn't like to chat with strangers, but there were exceptions. For example, the handsome ge beside her shouldn't count as a stranger. After all, she had helped her once. Moreover, he was so handsome, exactly matching her aesthetics.