Song Yuan thought for a bit. To be on the safe side, she said: "But just saying in advance, ah, you can't be too picky about it. After all, this is not the ancient times."

Rong Ting thought that Empress Mother was short of money.

His heart felt somewhat suffocated as he looked at Song Yuan's smiling face. He secretly sighed and nodded: "Gu understands."

He would not let Empress Mother feel embarrassed, nor let her feel sad.

Song Yuan sighed in relief. Although this child sometimes had moments when he was stinky and awkward, he was very dependable and sensible when it counted. If he truly was that sort of bear child, even if she felt close to him in her heart, she would still consciously stay away.

The two took advantage of the good weather and went out to the local bookstore.

There were many cars and people going around on the weekend. Feeling that the bookstore was not far from home, she did not drive and instead walked on foot with Rong Ting.

Rong Ting couldn't adapt to Song Yuan's close contact at first. Later, without Song Yuan taking the initiative, he reached out, motioning for her to hold it. He said very righteously, "Gu is not familiar with life here!"

Song Yuan held back a smile. She looked at his small face and found it very interesting. "Yes yes yes, I shall lead Your Highness so you don't lose your way~"

Hearing Empress Mother call him "Your Highness", Rong Ting's ears stealthily flushed red.

Two people, one big hand holding one small hand, walked on the street toward the sunlight. Rong Ting was endlessly shocked by everything in the city, including the high-rise buildings and the cars speeding past.

He soaked it all in, astonished.

"Empress Mother's hometown is quite..."

Rong Ting couldn't even look away.

He was not ignorant. On the contrary, he was crown prince the moment he was born; his awareness was not narrow, but rather quite broad. He was able to discern how good Empress Mother's hometown was.

If Empress Mother felt this place was unforgettable, and was even unwilling to return to the palace with him, it wasn't as though he couldn't understand.

The Empress Mother that the old maid spoke of was dignified, and could be regarded as the nation's mother, but the Empress Mother before him was cheerful and bright.

Empress Mother, gu only wants you to be happy.

The two arrived at the bookstore. The bookstore was especially busy on the weekend. Rong Ting did not know what books were good, as he had never come across such books before, so Song Yuan helped him choose several storybooks suitable for children his age. She also picked up a set of the best-selling "Father and Son" collection. She didn't know if he had learned mathematics, but she picked up a book of beginner's mathematics.

Rong Ting was delighted.

In actuality, he didn't express his excitement and joy like other children did, but after two days of living together, the attentive Song Yuan could already start to distinguish his moods. Like right now, when he clutched these books tightly, his eyes bright, and his lips slightly upturned, it meant that this child was happy enough to fly away.

Extracurricular academies had already been popular since as early as when Song Yuan was in junior high school. Nowadays many parents would send their children to learn calligraphy and traditional Chinese painting, so it was not difficult to purchase a set of the Four Treasures; she could buy them after visiting a few stores. It was only that Rong Ting was a bit disdainful of them. Of course, he didn't make a fuss.