Wei Ying scoops up both children in a sudden hug, laughing as they shriek in delight as Lan Zhan looks on fondly, while Wei Ying swings them around. They're clearly in awe because up until now, only MingJue had done that to them.

Lan Zhan feels smug that his fiancé is so much stronger these days, a far cry from the days of him feeling dizzy and weak.

Wei Ying collapses on the couch with happy red-faced kids chortling and laughing, happy sounds echoing around the room. This house might not be used to such honest expressions of feelings, but Wei Ying is happy that the kids are. In the end, that's all that matters.

"You can't see Zhan-Gege before you're both ready!" JingYi announces. He sneaks a look at A-Yuan and adds, "it wouldn't be fair!"

A-Yuan quickly agrees when he hears that, and Wei Ying realises that these two are going to be a formidable match in the future, especially if they set their minds to something.

"Is that so?" Lan Zhan says, in his deliciously deep voice, evidently taking what they've said seriously. "I believe JingYi is right." He stands up while JingYi sticks his little chest out full of pride.

"Me, too?" A-Yuan says, standing next to him.

"Mn, both of you. I shall retrieve my clothes and dress in another room. Wei Ying can wear what the children decide." And he walks away.

"I'm gonna look like a clown!" Wei Ying yells at his back, grinning because Lan Zhan turns his face by half and gives him the hottest smirk.

"So be it." He replies with a smug wink.

Wei Ying groans dramatically and hides his face in his elbow. He was going to be at the mercy of these two little menaces...putty in their hands.

*************

Lan Zhan sends Wei Ying a text with "All clear" and a clown emoji, and JingYi sees it before it can be hidden away. With a whoop and a jump, suddenly he and A-Yuan are dragging him up the stairs to Lan Zhan's suite. In their bedroom, the children climb on the bed and sit down on it expectantly, as if they're going to watch a show.

Wei Ying is actually feeling nervous.

He's not allowing himself to think about where Lan Zhan might want to take him, or what they might be doing on the actual date. The general idea in his head is that he must wear something special, something that shows off his assets, and that gives him another idea.

Obviously, Lan Zhan told everyone about his plan except Wei Ying, because he wanted it to be a surprise and that was understandable, but Wei Ying could definitely take that a step further. He giggles to himself imagining Lan Zhan's face when he sees what Wei Ying is going to wear.

Of course, that brings to mind the real question: what exactly should he wear? Has he even got any clothes suitable in this closet worth wearing to a date?

His question is answered when he opens the double doors and realises that Lan Zhan is the best fiancé in the world, because somehow, the man has filled all the hangers with his clothes.

Some, he recognises, and others are new, and Wei Ying stifles the urge to cry. His Lan Zhan is so thoughtful, so caring, and just so, so good, it makes Wei Ying fall in love with him a little bit more. It seems silly to think that, because Wei Ying has often thought his heart was overflowing with love for his gorgeous man, and then Lan Zhan goes and does something nice for him, for them, and that heart just expands, growing ever fuller.

"The sparkly one!" JingYi yells, bringing him back from his emotional plunge.

"No! The one with the flowers! The red one!" A-Yuan says in a much calmer voice.