The Stream Contract - 2 (Ep. 15)

For those Webtoon-only readers, this chapter contains a decent portion of the novel, just in case any of you are wondering where this new material came from.

-Ban

(Dokja's POV)

Dokja thrust the thorn into the skin lining the stomach. It bounced off like a twig trying to poke through an elastic rubber wall.

The room was silent as everyone watched my futile attempt. "Well, that's anticlimactic." Huiwon miffed. Sooyoung proceeded to roll her eyes. "With the build-up that was the last episode, most things seem to be pointing in an entertaining direction, I guess I shouldn't have expected much, considering it was you."

"It's not my fault." I tried reasoning with them. "It was the beginning of the scenarios."

"My current strength isn't enough to tear the stomach of an Ichthyosaur." Dokja thought to himself as he warily looked at the acid pouring from the roof of the stomach.

"Fool," The regressor scoffed beside me. "You said yourself that you know everything about this world, yet you fail at preparing for something as feeble as this." I glare at him, receiving a death glare back. "It's not my fault someone dropped me off a bridge," I mumbled.

One of the demonic people floating on something in the stomach started shrieking as their skin began to burn from the acid. The Ichthyosaur's digestive juices quickly mixed into the river water and started to melt away the concrete and other floating products.

"There's no time." Dokja thought as he jumped from his floating platform and grabbed onto a bump protruding from the wall of the stomach. He proceeded to climb up as if he was on a rock wall. "However, everything is going as planned."

"How is everything going as planned?" Huiwon asked curiously. "You failed at stabbing through the stomach lining, and you've just been forced to climb a wall with no ensured stability."

"Don't worry, Huiwon." I smile. "You'll know everything in time."

"I hate it when you give these answers."

"I know."

"I'll kill you."

Dokja spotted one of the acid emission holes and raised a thorn toward it. Placing the thorn inside, he used as much strength as he had to push it in. Acid leaked from the opening and landed on his arm, dissolving the skin it touched.