12. playing dress-up but only theoretically

Start from the beginning

"Okay!" He happily skipped towards the washroom, leaving a trail of water behind him.

Getting an ick, I dragged the towels along the floor with my feet to mop up the trail, before heading to my closet to find some clothes for him.

I found a large tee, and took some purple pajama pants from my dad, who was snoring away.

'...I think he can dry the rest of his clothes with magic.' I nodded to myself, walking back to my room.

"Chenya," I knocked on the bathroom door, "I got some clothes you can change into."

I flinched for various reasons when the door slammed open.

"Thanks!" Chenya said, fully clothed and still drenched. However, the steam in the washroom said that he did take a shower.

"....Did you take a shower with your clothes on?" I asked.

"Obviously. I'm multi-tasking."

"...Go shower again."

"But—"

I raised a brow.

"Okay, I'll wash me and my clothes separately." He stuck his tongue out, taking the clothes and closing the door again.

"Good thing idiots don't catch colds," I snickered.

"Nah, I have a boosted immune system from my cat-like traits," He replied.

"Aren't cats weak against water?"

"...no..."

As I waited for him to wash up, I sat on my bed and scrolled through my phone. Somehow, fussing over the idiot already seemed to give me some peace from the afternoon's events.

Out of boredom, my eyes wandered around my room, and eventually they landed on the broom Chenya brought.

Curiously, I reached out for it and tapped the handle. A bright spark ignited from the contact, and I quickly retracted my hand.

'Okay... not touching that again.' I thought, warily eyeing the broom as I moved away from it. My hand felt prickly from the spark, and I shook it to get the feeling away.

Chenya ran into my room right as I peeled my eyes off of the broom.

He stood proudly in front of the door with the shirt that says, "Women Love Me, Fish Fear Me" and purple pajama shorts.

"Can I keep this shirt?" He said, eyes glittering.

"It's all yours," I said, wondering how he's actually slaying the outfit.

He cheered, plopping his ass next to me on my bed. "By the way, Housewarden caught me on my way here so I probably can't stay for long."

"So that's why you didn't have you shoes on. That's fine, you can leave early." I said, and looked his head. "Your hair isn't dried at all."

"Oops?"

With a sigh, I took the driest towel I on my bed frame. "Get over here."