Chapter 29~⁠♪

Start from the beginning

Cale's intuition was tingling, a sense of foreboding washing over him, though he couldn't quite put his finger on the source of his unease. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't immediately respond when someone approached them. A familiar voice broke through his reverie.

"Cale, Athanasia," Eric's voice was urgent as he touched both of their shoulders, trying to get their attention. "I've been calling out to you both. We need to leave this place, now."

Amidst the chaos, Redika unleashed another wave of magic, sending panic through the people gathered.

Athanasia's heart clenched as she heard their desperate cries for help.

Memories of her own deaths flashed before her, a reminder of the pain she had experienced

Memories of her own deaths flashed before her, a reminder of the pain she had experienced. She possessed the power to heal, to alleviate suffering But she remembered Cale's words, reminding her not to do anything reckless.

"Hyung-nim, you need to calm down," Cale's words were steady

Athanasia nodded in agreement

The once-orderly square had devolved into a cacophony of panicked voices and hurried movements.

Cale's analytical mind quickly processed the scene before them. He could see individuals scattering in every direction, some desperately seeking cover, while others were attempting to flee the area altogether.

The commotion was overwhelming, and Cale couldn't help but think, What a mess...

Eric's voice cut through the turmoil, his words expressing gratitude for the grounding presence that Cale and Athanasia provided. "Thank you, you helped me clear my head

Cale's lips curved into a faint smile, his gaze fixed on Eric. "This is more like you now, Hyung-nim

Athanasia's empathetic heart ached as she took in the frightened expressions of those around her. She wished she could do something to alleviate their fear and suffering, but the urgency of the situation kept her from acting impulsively.

Cale's mind raced as the events unfolded before him. He observed Choi Han picking up the bag containing the magic bomb

The countdown had begun, and there were only two minutes left. Around them, mages were frantically working to create a mana stabilization zone, while the mana disturbance tool ticked down its dwindling time.