The male was about to counter as he felt uneasy about taking his eyes off of you for even a moment, but you were already inside the shop before he could get any words out of his mouth. Sighing, Sanzu trudged his way towards the shop door and opened it. He was about to make his way inside when a shiver suddenly rushed up his spine.

With wide eyes, the white haired male snapped his head back. He felt threatened. He felt watched. Sanzu's blue eyes scanned the area vigorously but saw nothing except shoppers who were going about their day. Despite this, the chill that ran up his spine was no fake. Turning back around, Sanzu was about to make his way inside when something at the corner of his eye caught his attention.

Something that made his heart stop.

"Sanzu, can I ask you a favour?"

"Yessir. What is it?"

"Sanzu-san? What's wrong?" Your voice brought Sanzu back to his senses and he snapped his head towards you. You nearly jumped back at the sight of his frightened eyes staring back at you.

"U-uhm, nothing."

You raised a brow. ''Uhm'? Sanzu-san doesn't go 'uhm''. Getting on your tip toes, you tried looking past Sanzu to see what must've gotten him so spooked, but the male kept getting in your way.

"There's someone I want you to protect."

Frowning, you furrowed your brows. "Sanzu-san." You stated simply, eyes glaring up at the usually stoic boy.

The white-haired male's eyes then went to the bag that hung on your arm, and he pointed at it. "What did you end up getting?"

Sanzu was thankful you were so easy to get distracted as your face instantly lit up as you lifted the bag in front of him. "Oh! Yeah, I ended up getting the panda stuffy and the sweater!" You pulled up the individual items as you introduced them before looking up in thought. "Hm, but I still need to get something for Emma-chan. Oh, by the way, what do you think Senju-san will like?" You questioned innocently, blinking up at the male.

"She's really important to me, so I want you to keep her safe. Physically and mentally."

"Mentally?"

"She... gets sad pretty often. And sometimes quite easily... If possible, I also want you to be there to cheer her up."

"Huh? Hell if I know."

"She's your sister!"

"So?"

You sighed, giving up on getting some sense in the boy and instead pushed him aside. "Whatever, we should go, I still wanna browse before—"

"I know it's a lot to ask of you, so I won't be surprised if you don't want to do it. It's perfectly fine."

And that was Sanzu's biggest mistake of the day. He had quickly forgotten of the scene that had caught his eye and left you exposed to what he feared would hurt you.

It was the first thing that caught your eye. You don't know why, they were pretty far from where you stood but your gaze was, for some reason, drawn towards that direction. And you had hoped it didn't.

"No, no. You gave me the orders, so I will do what you want me to do,"

As you stood frozen, you gazed with wide eyes at what you saw, your mood instantly bombarding down.

"Mikey."

"Mi-... Manjiro?"

You were breathless as his name came out of your mouth. Further ahead, Mikey sat on a bench. But he wasn't by himself. He was with a girl. You squinted as you tried to get a glimpse of her, getting a feeling of familiarity from her.