You seemed to quickly recover from the cold however, as something quickly caught your eye and you happily made your way towards it. It was a simple vendor that sold hot chocolate, which, for the cold weather, was perfect.

"She's actually quite simple to cheer up, really."

Before you were able to give they money for a cup of hot chocolate, Sanzu already had his hand out towards the vendor, giving just enough for you. "Sanzu-san, why'd you do that?!" You asked him, your mouth wide as he turned towards you, the hot beverage in his hand.

At first, the male didn't know what to say as you wearily took the drink. You looked at it with worry, guilt eating you up at the fact that he had just bought you a drink. Sighing, Sanzu grabbed your hand and led you away from the vendor before stoppin and turning to look at you. "Y- You always bought me drinks." Sanzu began, his eyes staring down at the ground and refusing to meet yours. "Especially [f/d]. Take this as my payment."

You frowned, both of your hands holding onto the hot chocolate. "But in return, you always make sure I'm safe! You protect me..."

"That's my job." Sanzu simply stated, before turning around and making his way to other shops.

[e/c] eyes lingered on the male as he walked away. Looking down at your hands where you held the hot chocolate, you took in a deep breath before following in his footsteps. When you caught up to him, you slowed down to match his steps. "Don't say that... it makes me feel like you're only dealing with me because you were instructed to— ah AH even though I know that's what it really is..."

Sanzu simply nodded his head, but you were so focused on the ground in front of you that you failed to see it.

Now that you really thought about it, Sanzu really did only spend time with you because he was told to. It wasn't like he willingly wanted to spend his days with you... He was just doing what Mikey told him to do.

'Mikey...' Your hands tightened around the cup you held as images of the blond male flashed in your mind. 'That time is coming... and I'll be all alone. Will you?'

Your sudden silence caught Sanzu's attention and he glanced over at you, instantly noticed your saddened expression and teary eyes.

"You better not let her cry!"

His breath hitched, internally freaking out. He thought the hot chocolate would be enough to make you feel better but apparently not.

With worry, his eyes began scanning all the shops you were walking by when something caught his eyes that he hoped would bring your spirits up. He stopped in his tracks and it took you a bit to notice. When you realized that your companion was no longer beside you, you stopped and turned to look at him. "Sanzu-san?" You questioned, wiping away a stray tear with your finger that you hoped Sanzu didn't notice.

The quiet male didn't say anything and instead pointed somewhere. Following the direction which his finger was pointing, your eyes laid upon a rather 'kawaii'-esque shop. What caught your eyes was the window display that showcased various cute things such as a cute baby pink dress and an adorable panda stuffed toy.

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute!" You squealed, instantly making your way towards the shop, briefly forgetting all your worries. Sanzu let out a sigh of relief as he followed you. "These are perfect for the girls! I'm sure Aiko-chan would love that panda! Ah, and that sweater would look so cute and Hina-chan too!" You muttered to yourself, eyes darting between every single item in your line of sight.

Turning towards Sanzu, the male had to admit the relief he felt the second he laid eyes on your bright smile. "Sanzu-san, I'll just be a moment, okay? You can wait out here for me!"