An Unexpected Arrival ~ Chapter 1

I sat on my throne, fiddling with the end of my cape. My father, the king of Ash Valley, sat beside me on his own throne.

"Hey dad?" I asked him.

"Yes?"

"Can I go out into the forest please?"

"No, Skye."

"But whhhyyyyy." I whined.

"Skye."

"Okay...Can I go to my room now?"

"Yes you can." I jumped off my throne and started walking slowly to my bedroom. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Skyler Auburn Silverleaf, people call me Skye, princess of Ash Valley. And my life is booorrrring. Half the time I'm sitting on my throne, half the time I'm at these meeting things... Like I said, it's boring. I don't get why my dad thinks I can't handle myself. I'm fourteen, and like a lot of dark stuff. Like dark colors, monsters, creepy things...stuff like that. But I barely ever let others know that. My mother died giving birth to me and I've lived with my father, the king, all my life in this boring castle. I've tried getting out several times, but failed epically each and every time. I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the loud double doors open harshly. As I leave I see a tall hooded figure enter and stride over to my dad.

"I have a proposal for you, Lord Elric." I hear a deep voice say, and I would assume that is the hooded figure.I through myself onto the comfort of my bed and snuggle into the covers.I start to sketch the scene through my window to pin on my wall with the others. I then a too qrqrqq decide that I should get ready for the day and walk to my adjoining restroom. I glance in the mirror and see fiery red hair falling in silky locks that frame my pale face. My father says that I got my hair color from my mother Erin and that she had them because she was Irish. He says I should be proud of my hair but in all honesty I just think it looks weird. When I look I also see high cheek bones and charcoal black almond shaped eyes. I quickly sweep my bangs to the side so they're not in my face.

As soon as I exit the restroom I hear a light rapping on the door to my room. I quickly identify it as Rosette, judging by the pattern that she knocks in.

"Come in, Rosette!" I call and she obeys.

"Excuse my intrusion Milady, but your father requests your presence in the Throne Room immediately." She tells me, and twiddles her fingers nervously

I mumble an alright and start walking to the room