"Hey." I heard as I set my towel down.

"Hey." I responded as I turned to face the Fisher boy. It was Jeremiah.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"It's going alright. I was gonna go for a swim actually." I answered.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.

"Not at all." I smiled. Jere and I jumped in together. We swam and messed around for a bit before we both ended up sitting on the wall of the pool.

"I've been wanting to talk to you about something." Jeremiah had said as he handed me my towel.

"Me too." I told him.

"You first." We both said in unison. We laughed.

"Okay, I'll go first." I said. "I think you should ask Belly to the deb ball."

"Belly?" He questioned.

"Yeah! I think it would be so cute. Don't tell her I told you but she is so crushing on you." I told the boy.

"Belly likes me?" He asked.

"Yes! She thinks you might like her too. So, do you?" I asked.

"Do I like Belly?" He asked. "Y-yeah. I do."

"Oh, really? That's great! She's gonna be so excited." I exclaimed, relieved that Jeremiah did like her. "So. When are you gonna ask her to be her escort?"

"I don't know. Probably not until after the tournament craziness is over." He ran his hand through his hair.

"That's a good idea. You know how she gets with these things." I said as Belly has major competitiveness. "Well, I'm gonna go shower."

I got up to leave before I stopped and turned back to Jeremiah. "What was it you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Oh, its nothing." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yep." He confirmed.

"I'll see you later then." I said a little awkwardly. I wonder what it was he wanted to talk about.

•••

I'm standing in the bathroom, door opened, as I finish doing my hair. I look myself over once more before I go to leave. Just as I exit the door way I run into someone.

Conrad.

"Sorry, I didn't see you." I told the tall boy in front of me.

"You're good. I should've paid more attention." Conrad moved aside and signaled with his hands for me to walk past him.

So this is it. We weren't gonna talk about what happened yesterday. We're just gonna pretend like nothing happened. I began to make my way to the stairs when I heard my name being called.

"Y/n, wait." He said. I turned to face the boy. "I'm sorry about what happened yesterday."

"Why are you sorry? You totally kicked Myles ass." I smirked. Conrad returned the notion.

"I'm sorry that loser treated you the way he did. You don't deserve that." He said.

I smiled at how heartfelt Conrad was being. He made my stomach do cartwheels.

"Are you excited for the tournament?" He asked.

"I'm actually not playing, this year. I don't have a partner anymore." I told him.