Chapter 27~⁠♪

Start from the beginning

Cale's gaze lingered on her, his expression contemplative. After a moment, he responded with a mix of reassurance and a smile, "You don't have to worry about that. We have Choi Han, Rosalyn, and especially a dragon." His words were meant to alleviate her concerns.

However, Athanasia's reply was equally soft, tinged with an underlying desire, "But I want to help." Her words held a touch of vulnerability.

Cale's sigh carried a weight of understanding, his past experiences shaping his response. In a low voice, he revealed a glimpse of his emotions, "Athanasia, it's dangerous. You know that. I know you're capable, but still…"

A somber memory from his past surfaced, and he continued, his voice heavy with emotion,

"I don't want to lose you." Athanasia's heart swelled, and she reached out to gently touch Cale's hair, a gesture of comfort.

He carried on, a mix of tenderness and practicality in his words, "Choi Han and the others will take care of it. Don't worry."

Athanasia met his gaze, her heart softening as she recognized the depth of his concern. "Yeah… you're right," she finally conceded, her voice filled with a mixture of acceptance and gratitude.

For a while, they sat in silence, the atmosphere more comfortable and reassuring than earlier. Their unspoken connection and mutual understanding held them together.

Suddenly, a knock at the door disrupted their solitude. Cale's stoic demeanor remained intact as he granted entry, his voice firm, "Come in."

Hans entered the room, his respectful presence breaking the tension. "Young Master Cale, the guests you saved are looking for you," he reported.

A thought passed through Athanasia's mind, "Probably Lock."

Cale nodded, his response composed, "Tell him I will come."

With a nod of acknowledgment, Hans left the room, leaving Cale and Athanasia alone once again.

Cale's gaze returned to Athanasia, seeking a connection before he departed. She offered a simple nod

A silence hung in the air for a moment after Athanasia's patted Zaphyr on his side. Her mind wandered as she pondered her plans, "Oh, right. Maybe I should buy Basen and Lily a gift, since I have some free time."

"