Evie is – was my high school sweetheart. I thought she was it but today proved that she didn't feel the same way. I sit in my car for a while staring out at the dark night sky and streetlamps casting warm glows onto the street. What do I do? I think to myself as I drum my fingers on the wheel. I need a new place to live. All the dorms are probably taken by now!

I take out my phone with a heavy sigh but hesitate, my thumb hovering over Hunter's name in my recent contacts. He's the closest to me, living in New York, but he's not who I need right now. I wince when I check the time before throwing caution to the wind and tapping another name. My leg bounces anxiously out of time to the rings before he finally picks up.

"What the fuck mate? It's two in the morning!" A sleepy voice groans.

"I know...I'm sorry Jude."

"Listen I know I said you can call me whenever but if this isn't serious I will take the next flight out and kill you. Ma and Pa will just have to deal with losing a child." He yawns loudly and I hear him get up to leave the room.

"Evie cheated on me." I blurt and the line becomes silent. "I-I just found her hooking up with a guy in our dorm."

"What a fucking bitch!" He replies almost dazedly which makes me laugh.

"I know, that's what I said to her."

"That's my boy!" He cheers albeit quietly and I roll my eyes in amusement. "Okay...hold on."

I wait patiently thinking he's checking on Lucia but at some point he starts singing lowly. "Jude?"

"Alright...I've just booked you a hotel and I'll send you the location now. Not too far from college so I better not find out that you skipped classes –"

"Judah! I didn't call you so you could book me a hotel room!" I sputter in disbelief.

"So, you'd rather go back to the dorm where the stinky cheater is?" He deadpans and I face palm.

"No! I-I just wanted to...I don't know...talk. I didn't really think about not having a place to live that much yet." I reply quietly as I lower my seat and lean back. "She said she was drunk."

"Was she slurring and shit?"

"No." I frown as I realize she wasn't that drunk or at all. "She...she wasn't even tipsy and I know how she is when she's tipsy or shitfaced."

"So...what? He fucked the alcohol out of her?" He snorts which makes me groan. "My oh my, what a bad liar."

"Wow." Is all I can muster. "How could she do this to me?"

"I'm sorry bud." Judah sighs and I clench my jaw tightly.

"I don't even know if the college has any other dorms left!" I worry my bottom lip as my leg starts bouncing anxiously once more.

"I can buy you an apartment. Just find one that you like and send me the details."

"Judah...no." I mumble as I rest my head back. "You can't do that for me. It's too much."

"Look Noah, you have a big family to take care of you and the sooner you realize that you're a lucky bastard the better. We're always here and you don't need to pay us back. That's what family does. It doesn't make you spoiled because you weren't raised that way and you certainly didn't catch any arrogance from the Wheelers next door." He chuckles and that makes me smile. "If you get a dorm fine but if you don't then we'll get you an apartment. And if you're so adamant on chipping in then you can pay some rent and manage your own utilities alright?"

"Alright, thanks Jude." I smile gratefully even though he can't see it.

"Now tell me more about what happened. Who's the guy?" He asks and I hear him turn the kettle on.