Unlikely Acquaintance

Start from the beginning

The museum closed hours ago, there is no one to be seen

The museum closed hours ago, there is no one to be seen. I easily let myself in through the back and find the sculpture. It's a degraded male face made from volcanic ash that was recovered from a tomb at an archeological dig site.  I take a look around while I wait for my visitor to arrive. Everything in this museum is older than me, and that's saying something. 

"Enjoying yourself I see." A childlike voice pierced my ears. I actually find myself startled, it's not easy for anyone to sneak up on me.

"Yes, this is quite the place for a... meeting." I say, matching the blonde vampires piercing gaze. 

"Victoria, is it? I'm Jane. You and I have something in common. You want to get to the Cullens. They have something Aro wants. He won't start an all-out war over a human girl that poses no risk to him or our kind. But he wants the mind reader and the fortune teller. They would be valuable assets for us, and I would love to deliver them to Aro myself." The girl spoke. She seemed as though she had been changed at a very young age. She was forever frozen as a teenager. 

"That's quite the introduction. You have it wrong though, I want the human girl that the Cullens are protecting. The mind reader and his human mate destroyed my mate, James. I want them to pay. I just want the girl; you can have the mind reader. He gets to live in the same hell that I do knowing he couldn't protect the person he loves most in this world. Hell, he may even voluntarily join you all after that." I suggest, hoping Jane takes the bait. 

"Hm, that might just work. The only problem is you made a promise not to touch the girl. You will have to find another way to get to the girl. I recently discovered that the Cullens relocated to New York without the girl." Jane says with a mischievous expression. 

"I was just in Forks; I saw the fortune teller at the human's house. Why did they move?" I ask, confused by this information. 

"They like to keep themselves from getting bored. They move every few decades when humans start to notice they aren't aging. They've already been in Forks for a few years. I assume they aren't ready to change the girl yet so they're allowing her to finish out school there. The fortune teller probably saw the girl's future and was concerned so she went back to check on her. Her visions are based on what people decide. You need to make the decision to not hurt the girl so that the fortune teller goes back to New York." Jane may look young and naive, but she is smart.

"So, if I decide to no longer harm the girl, how do I get my revenge?" I hiss the last word through my teeth.

"Maybe you don't need to harm the human girl. Maybe you befriend her and change her. Edward would hate that. I've spent a little time with the Cullen's, and they try their best to not change people unless it's absolutely necessary. There's a whole religious reason behind that but I won't bore you with that." Jane suggests.

I laugh at loud at her suggestion. Her piercing gaze turns into a glare. 

"You want me to befriend a human? I'd be giving Edward exactly what he wants, a lifetime with the one he loves most. I'd be doing the dirty work for him. There is no way that would work..." My sentence is cut short because I'm suddenly in excruciating pain. It feels as though every single bone in my body has been shattered. I try to move but I'm paralyzed with pain. I fall to my knees, screaming for mercy.