Unlikely Acquaintance

Start from the beginning

I wipe my tears away. "You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't think about it that way. I'd never want to put you in position that makes you uncomfortable or ask you to do something that would make your family hate you. I know that you and Edward are close." 

"You know that you will always be my sister, but I could never even attempt to change you unless I knew you were dying. That is not an invitation to harm yourself though. I would not attempt to change you if I knew you purposefully harmed yourself just to get what you want. Not that I believe you would ever do that. You have to find a way to move on from Edward. These thoughts you're having aren't healthy. I'm not going to give you a speech on how there are still other fish in the sea, but you should find a way to let go. It's been six months." Alice says sitting down next to me.

I'm crying again. I don't want to move on. I've never loved anyone the way I love Edward. It's not fair that he gets to go on happily living forever and I'll die with this heartbreak. How could he be capable of hurting me this way? Damning me to a sad, aging life that will end tragically. Asking Alice to change me was wrong, but I will find someone to change me. Even if it is in spite of Edward.  

____________________________________________________________________

Victoria's POV:

About thirty minutes from Volterra is a town called Casole d'Elsa. According to the note that blonde vampire girl gave me, there's a museum there. I'm supposed to meet her at midnight. I have six hours to kill. I decide to stay in Volterra for the festival after all. It's not like I have anything else to do now that I can't harm Bella. I could but then I would have to live on the run from the Volturi. They offered me exactly what I was hoping for though. I know the Volturi intend to use me. Shortly after I was changed by my sister Anne the Volturi destroyed her coven, her included. The thing about being a vampire is you can never forget. Every memory we have after our transition sticks with us for all of eternity. I will forever have pure hatred in my cold dead heart for the Volturi. I could accept their offer and slowly destroy them from within. I mean why not, they're always in the way. 

After leaving the Volturi's lair, I slip back into the crowd of red, blending in and learning of the celebration they are having. They're commemorating the expulsion of Vampires from the city. Little do they know that some of the oldest vampires around live right below the city. I could imagine the massacre if the humans ever found out. Thousands of human lives would be lost. The technology that humans have could be fatal to vampires though. They would have to nuke the entire planet to win a war against vampires, and even that likely wouldn't kill all of them. We will always adapt to new environments. We will always be here. 

I wandered around the festival for a few hours watching the humans indulge themselves with Italian food, art displays, and parents gossiping as their children chase each other through the streets unattended. It's no wonder that the Volturi were able to lure a large group of them below the city to be devoured. In their soft uneducated minds, they think they are safe. No one is ever truly safe though. Humans have disgusted me my entire existence.  I don't remember a lot of my human life, but I do know that it was rough. Men using me. Women standing by and allowing it. My sister saved me by turning me, but like everything and everyone else in my life, she was taken and destroyed. I'm ready to burn this entire world to the ground. My only reason for existence is vengeance.   

As time gets closer, I make my way to Casole d'Elsa. I get there in no time by running. I already ditched the car that I stole when I first arrived in Italy. The owner will have noticed it's missing by now and reported it stolen. I find the museum fairly quickly and look at the note again to see where to meet her.  The note reads the address of the museum and to meet by the Orl, Scavi sculpture.