"I have a feeling it's something more than that" Shoko replied as she kept her eyes on the albino, hoping the blue-eyed man won't do anything reckless.

"Was it his curse technique?" Mei Mei, who has been silent since arrival, finally spoke up. Wondering if this could be the side effect of Suguru's curse technique.

"That's possible, no one could ever actually confirm that the curse orbs Suguru has been consuming have been purified a hundred percent. And Suguru has already consumed thousands of curse orbs. If it wasn't purified as it is claimed to be, then this outcome is to be expected" Utahime forcefully looked away from the heart-wrenching expression on Satoru's face.

She and that albino of an asshole might never get along, she would even always enjoy Satoru's pissed face. But she could and would never enjoy the expression on his face right now.

She knew, if not everyone, that Suguru was the most important person in Satoru's life. His lifeline if she must say. Her words might have given him a heartache much worse than earlier.

"Senpai has been somewhat unstable, a few hours before his last day here - that was before his mission would start. It was only a few hours, and I only witnessed it for s few minutes. It was concerning but when I saw him in his usual behavior on the last day, I thought that maybe yesterday was just a bad day. I should have seen it by then." Yu Haibara's words of regret came. Regret is evident in everyone's faces, oh how they wished to have seen the signs sooner.

"This is better, although not the best. At least Suguru's still alive, we could still do better things for him" Kento Nanami's weak consolation soon followed his second-year student.

And it did help, looking at the brighter side, they're thankful it wasn't too late. But this consolation didn't help much to a certain albino who's now blaming himself.

______________________________________

"Satoru"

Gojo Satoru, the self-proclaimed 'strongest man in the world', burst crying right then and there. No one knew how many sleepless nights he spent hallucinating over this exact moment.

And seeing the expression of the albino, Suguru felt nothing but guilt.

He thought he could do better, what he did was subconscious. He didn't notice what he was doing until it happened. He thought it would be like the usual moments where his brain would blank out and the next second, he'd find himself in a random place, not even remembering how he got there.

Satoru took a big leap forward and engulfed the larger male. Suguru's warm body, he's still alive. Thank goodness, oh thank you so much

No one knew how long Satoru had been crying whilst in Suguru's arms, not like anyone counted. No one even dared to comment, as everyone who had once been in that room knew that what they were feeling was multiplied by the 10th power to be equivalent to what Satoru was feeling.

Suguru was sorry, he whispered that to Satoru's ears every minute. He whispered promises after promises, that he knew would make the albino calm down. He knew that Satoru would trust his promises, as he is not one to make a promise an everyday habit and not withhold it.

Satoru fell asleep the moment he stopped crying, and everyone left after telling Suguru they'd visit again.

Suguru smiled as he glanced at the side table, arms tightening around the albino. He remembered how the nurse who took care of him whispered how his table was never left empty, there would be flowers, fruits, snacks, meals, and drinks occupying it every single day. And when rotten, spoiled, or withered, his visitors would replace another one.