I didn't stop going on Pinterest for so long, and I have no doubt that me sides maybe Troyler, THG was my trashiest fandom.

Anyways, about two months later, my mom suggested that I read Divergent (by this point, I'd reread the series three times, it was so bad) and I was reluctant, but I tried. I read five pages, put it down, and gave up on it.

But then another couple of months later, I looked up the summary on Wikipedia out of curiosity, and decided to try again. This time, it took me less than two days to read the first one, and then I nEEDED to read the second one, so I had my mom take me to Target after school to get it (parents, I've learned, don't care too much about spending money if it's spent towards something like books) and finished that one in less than a day, despite it being bigger than the first one.

Even still, I was convinced I wasn't much of a reader, just happened to have a few exceptions that I was obsessed with. Maybe it was because I'd never known plots to ever be so enticing, because I'd mostly read children's books at the time (Junie B. Jones/Magic Tree House readers, where ya at?) and I figured that there was a reason they were both so popular.

Anyways, my mom was going through the book section at Target, looking for a sequel to something she'd read, and I wandered around a bit, until I saw the Legend series. I'd recognized it, in one of those "If you like this, you'll also like these" posts, and because my mom saw me looking, she got that one too. She read it first, said I'd probably like it, and it was after reading both Legend and Prodigy (because Champion wasn't out yet) that I realized that I really was a reader.

((To anyone who thinks I might've mentioned Legend before: it was mentioned in YTM, when Troye left the clues in his letters, leading to the little website thingie))

Anyways, I read PJO/HOO after that and died. The last one out at the time was Mark Of Athena, and though I was spoiled on the whole ending thing, I still wanted to punch a wall. Then, it was Harry Potter (which actually took me ages to get through, not because it was long, but because I don't like reading third person POV and after so much first person, it was a bad adjustment) then TMI and TID (The Infernal Devices is wayyyyy better than The Mortal Instruments don't even lie) and then John Green and then I kinda just spiraled out of control (I'll have to post a shelfie one day).

By the time I'd read Legend, I'd just started an Instagram account, and soon enough, it turned into a fandom account that posted nothing. But. Books. It was appropriately called @/dauntlessdobbythedemigodonfire, successfully using all 30 available characters (after about a year, it had just under 3K followers, before I deleted the account).

((I feel I should mention that I made a spare account, appropriately called @/thesugarcubesaga, that I rarely used and had about 20 followers before I trashed that one)).

Anyways, the reason I deleted it was because it was last September, and I went over a month without posting on there once. The reason why?

Well, it was because I became Troyler trash, of course.

A list of random coincidences: around May, when I was watching BookTuber tags (bc I watched BookTube way before YouTube vloggers, and am still subscribed to a bunch of them) I was stalking one of their likes, and saw The Burn Book video that Tyler made. I watched it, and watched another one of his videos (I think it was a Q&A, but I forget which) and left because it just didn't interest me much. I mostly watched because the name felt faintly familiar, but I didn't know how.

Anyways, I didn't think about Tyler again for months, until the Teen Choice Awards came around. Obviously, I voted, because THG, Divergent, TFIOS, and even TMI were contestants for a fuck ton of rewards, and I did all of the categories, but didn't know what to do for YouTube. At the time, I just chose Tyler by default, because I didn't recognize a single one of the others, and chose the Boyfriend Tag by default for the Collab, even though I'd never even watched it. I just chose it because of Tyler, even if I didn't recognize Troye at all.