❝︎CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 literally drag Juniper out of bed in order for her to go to class. Juniper had been very reluctant, but finally she met Ron and Harry down in the common room whilst Hermione told them to not wait for her, that she would be there soon. Harry and Ron walked on either side of Juniper, talking to her like she was just a normal person and she'd never been more thankful for the two than she had in that moment.

They made it to their Divination class, their Professor being Professor Trelawney. "Welcome, my children." The Professor spoke. Juniper looked at the teacher and couldn't help but think she looked a little crazy, but she wasn't one to judge. "In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." She stood up from her seat. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you. What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."

"What a load of rubbish."

Juniper jumped when Hermione suddenly appeared beside of her. "When the hell―︎?"

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked.

"Me?" Hermione frowned. "I've been here all this time."

Juniper narrowed her eyes at Hermione whilst Trelawney asked Neville about the well being of his grandmother, scaring the poor boy into thinking something was going to happen to his guardian. "Broaden your minds." Trelawney told them. She suddenly gasped whilst standing in front of Ron, making him jump. "Oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure," Ron swallowed nervously.

"Look in the cup. Tell me what you see."

Ron started flipping through the book. "Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So, uh. . . you're gonna suffer. . . but you're gonna be happy about it."

"Give me the cup." Ron did so, handing it to the woman. Suddenly she let out a violent gasp, throwing the cup onto the table and backing up. "Oh, my dear boy. My dear. . . you have the grim."

"The grin?" Seamus asked. "What's the grin?"

"Not the grin, you idiot, the grim." Another Gryffindor boy said. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen. . . of death."