Chapter 17- Indifference

Börja om från början

Yuzu stops in front of garden gate with a rushed breath.

"Water ?"

Yuzu nods and takes the glass "Thank y... "

Yuzu looks at Zixuan with wide eyes.

Zixuan stands there in front of him in all his glory.

Yuzu looks at the indifferent expression on Zixuan's face. He can't read it. He stays silent with the glass of water in his hand.

Zixuan keeps looking at Yuzu without saying anything.

Yuzu gulps. "I ... Just needed some fresh air."

"Drink the water." Zixuan folds his arms in front of him.

Yuzu looks down at the glass. Then he looks up. "I ..

"Drink!" Zixuan orders.

Yuzu gulps before hurriedly drinking the water.

"Go back to your room." Zixuan orders again as Yuzu finishes the glass of water.

Yuzu blinks. Why Zixuan seems so calm. It's not the usual self of Zixuan.

"I was not going to meet any minister." Yuzu informs before cursing himself in mind. Why the hell should he explain anything to Zixuan? Why he can't get rid of that old Yuzu?

"Go back." Zixuan takes the glass back from Yuzu.

Yuzu frowns this time "Don't behave like I am in the wrong. Does your every consort take your permission before leaving the palace ?"

Zixuan looks directly in the eyes of Yuzu "I have never seen a consort sneaking out like a thief in a night gown."

"I am a male. There is nothing in me that could be sexualised in night gown." Yuzu retorts.

Zixuan closes his eyes calmly "N.Consort Yuzu, you are the consort of the Zi kingdom. If not about mine, then think about your own reputation."

"I am not doing anything wrong."

"Then why sneak out ? Walk out like a noble consort. People only sneak out when they are doing something wrong, something shameful." Zixuan walks past Yuzu to leave the garden gate. He didn't ask Yuzu to go back again.

Yuzu stand in front of garden gate alone with a gloom face. He hates Zixuan but he hates himself more.

He took his one whole life to get imume to Zixuan's anger and hatred only to realise he is not imune to Zixuan's indifference.

Yuzu hits the garden gate with his palm while breaking down in tears. Why again ? Why again, he is crying for the same man ..?

Zixuan stops hearing a loud bang. He turns around... only to find an empty stop where consort Yuzu was standing.

Zixuan closes his eyes with a gritted teeth again. He can't believe, even after listening such harsh words, consort Yuzu still went to visit Xingchen. So they are really having an affair ?

Zixuan strides towards his room with a sour face. How can Yuzu be so daring ? Even if he dares as the noble consort, how the fuck Xingchen betray him ? Xingchen isn't bad looking. He can get any man in the kingdom if he wants, why going after the only man that belongs to him.

Zixuan growls in anger as soon as he steps into his room "GUARDS !"

The guard who was guarding the door of Zixuan walks in "your highness !"

"Go guard Minister Xingchen's chamber from today. Notice each and every person that comes to visit minister Xingchen. Inform me then and there if any of my consort visits minister Xingchen at any hour."