Vasudha smiled.

"Yes mom, her friend was the usual fangirl type- blushing, nervous and you know.. But she was reprimanding me for knocking her down. When her friend..."

"Wait, doesn't her friend have a name?" Vasudha interrupted.

"aai I am not talking to you," Parth said getting up, but Vasudha pulled him back.

"I asked it out of curiosity. continue please?" Vasudha said with a cute pout.

Sighing, Parth continued," Okay, where was I?"

"She was reprimanding you"

"aah she was reprimanding me for knocking her down. It was only when her friend told her who I was she identified me," Parth said.

Vasudha nodded, listening.

"I forgot my phone in my car or else I would have taken the photo of the violent action hero laying in his mommy's lap, getting a head massage," a sound was heard making both Parth and Vasudha turn to the origin of the voice.

"I suggest you do it bhaiyya, it is only going to increase my fan following. and don't forget to add #momlove," Parth said, getting up from his place.

"Hmm.. Quite confident... Good," Vedant said, pulling Parth into a hug.

Breaking the hug, he moved to Vasudha and hugged her. Vasudha planted a kiss on his forehead.

"How are you Ved?" Vasudha asked.

"All fine mausi. I have a news for you," Vedant said.

"What is it?" Vasudha asked.

"I am getting married," Vedant said.

"Whaaaat!" Parth cheered in excitement.

"Vedant Rane is getting married? I am sure a lot of hearts will be breaking. Don't be so cruel bro," Parth said, resting his arms on Vedant's shoulder.

"Shut up badmaash," Vasudha said to Parth.

"It is Ruchi di, isn't?" Parth asked.

"Of course it is. who else it can be?" Vedant said.

"She is a diamond," Vasudha said.

"Aai, I hope you didn't forget the treatment she gave me in childhood," Parth made a fake complaint.

"You deserved it," Vasudha said.

"But that was an accident. Even I got hurt when we fell," Parth complained.

"But Junnu was three years younger than you.  And Ruchi.. she was so close to that child. She loved her more than anything," Vasudha said. 

"I saw Ruchi a few months ago, but that kid.. I haven't got to see her after her father got transferred and we shifted to London," Vasudha continued, turning towards Vedant.

"Guess what, that kid is now grown up twenty-year-old lady and is staying with Ruchi now," Vedant informed.

"Really?" Vasudha and Parth asked in unison.

"No, she is the same six year old girl now. Come on guys... I am here to invite you guys for my engagement and you are busy discussing about others?" Vedant complained.

"Sorry beta, continue," Vasudha said, pulling Vedant's cheeks.

"The engagement is next week at our place. Ruchi's dad and my dad have invited all the old acquaintances. I want all of you to come. Okay?"