A Rough Start

Hello! I'm Mr. Brown, and today I'm going to tell you a story. However, It's not my story. Do you see that couple standing in the hall over there? They haven't always been that fond of each other.

The girl's name is Keegan Wheeler; she is a senior at UTC. She has attended the university since her freshman year. In her time at UTC she has become the all-star player of their varsity volleyball team. Keegan also makes exceptional grades! She has a 97% or above average in all of her classes. The girl speaks seven languages fluently, and she is gifted in the fine arts area.

The boy, on the other hand, isn't as promising. He speaks one language, barely; and has no appreciation for the finer things of life. His name is Andrew Clay. The only reason he's attending UTC is his baseball career. He had twelve scouts begging him to attend their universities just because of his killer fast ball and amazing catches.

Andrew has a problem though; he's failing his biology class. At UTC you must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher to participate in athletics of any kind. His weighs in at a whopping 2.73; needless to say he needs some help. This is where our story begins.

We start our story by seeing Keegan and Andrew both in line to get their dorm keys. Andrew and Keegan have always sort of liked each other, but they've never tried to make anything out of it. Andrew, trying to be a gentleman, offered to help Keegan carry her bags to her dorm. She was assigned room 207 of the Hudson building on the other side of campus. This gave the two of them plenty of time to talk. They were actually hitting it off and had even made lunch plans for later that day!

It kind of sounds like things are going well for the two of them right? WRONG!!! Allow me to set the scene for you. Keegan and Andrew are in the elevator of the Hudson building. They have maintained a casual conversation, but they're running out of things to talk about. This is where things start going South. As they stepped off the elevator Kian Wheeler walked by. This is the conversation Keegan and Andrew had shortly thereafter.

"Did you see that guy that just walked by?"

" Yeah. What about him?"

" He's on the baseball team with me. He's awful!"

"I wouldn't say awful..."

"I would; the poor boy couldn't hit the broadside of a barn!"

"You know he's autistic, right?"

"Of course I know that. I've played baseball with him since year. I don't see why you care so much about him though."

"Maybe because he's my brother!"

"He's your brother? I'm sorry I-I didn't know!"

"I don't want your apology! Give me my stuff, and you can forget about lunch."

"Come on Keegan, don't be like that! I didn't know."

"Goodbye, Andrew!"

Keegan ran into her room and slammed the door shut. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. Her roommate and best friend was at her side immediately. Her name is Addie-May Gillam, but I'll tell you more about her later.

Opposites AttractOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara