More than a month ago, Bai Xu's uncle had helped them to get some pigs and sheep, as well as more than 100 milk cows.

She also hired experts from the nearby villages to plant crops on the mountain, including soybeans, wheat, beets, peanuts, and so on.

In the future, they would use soybeans to extract oil and make tofu.

They could also feed the bean dregs to the cows and sheep.

Adding wheat bran would also make the feed more nutritional.

They had also planted a lot of vegetables.

Next time, they could use the feces of cows, sheep, chickens, and ducks as fertilisers.

They could recycle all the waste produced at the mountain.

Of course, she watered the fields with her spring water, so were the chickens, ducks, pigs, cows and sheep.

This would boost the crops and livestock's survival rate increase, improve their taste, and enhance their nutritional value.

Xiao Hanzheng was very supportive of all of these. "Good!"

Then, Xiao Hanzheng focused on studying, while Shi Qingluo focused on crop and livestock production.

After observing for a period of time, she had selected more than a dozen families and taught them how to make tofu, beancurd, miso sauce, and soy sauce.

3 families were producing the same goods and would ramp up their production in the future.

This guaranteed a stable supply of goods and she even let them sign a contract to prevent them from sharing their trade secrets with others.

Those who learnt how to do it from her would share 20% of the profits in the first 3 years' sales with her family.

Without her permission, they could not leak the recipe out.

She did not ask for profits from the three families who made tofu.

Instead, she asked them to provide five years of bean dregs for free.

After making tofu, they would sell it in the village to attract more people to come to the village and buy it.

It was too tiring to make tofu.

Shi Qingluo was prepared to dump it out and let others make it.

She did not want to make her mother-in-law and her brother's younger siblings work too hard.

Of course, these families agreed without hesitation.

They were especially grateful to Shi Qingluo.

After they started working, they would sell them in their own yards first.

They were prepared to follow Shi Qingluo's instructions and build a few sheltered areas at the entrance of the village to sell the goods.

There wasn't any excess supply after a day of sale.

It also attracted many merchants, be it those in small or bigger business, to come to the village to buy them in bulk before reselling them.

Along with those who came to buy saltpetre and mosquito repellent incense, the entire Xiaxi village became livelier.

Some also came to ask Xiao Hanzheng about selling their dishes at their guest house near the village entrance. The business was quite good.

Some merchants who came from afar did not stay overnight in the county town.

Instead, they stayed in the guest house for one night after buying their goods and continued their journey on the next day.

A guest house's prospering business naturally inspired another guest house to operate here too.