"I've got this. Swimming is easy."

"But if it's in the Black Lake... what about the creatures that live in there?" I asked.

"Not even a problem." He brushed off.

I took a moment to relax when a rather obnoxious boy made his appearance in our library aisle.

"Are you following us, Christensen?" Sirius asked, folding his arms and leaning back in his chair to look at him.

"Not at all. I was just breaking down my next clue." He said, pretending to be innocent.

"Although-" he began, and I groaned loudly.

"I overheard something about water and couldn't help but think about how my clue is unrelated."

"Stop playing coy, what is it?" Sirius asked bluntly. Armin seemed taken back by this attitude and straightened himself upwards.

"If you must know, my clue was very much related to air and not water." He revealed, a sly smirk on his face. "And if I had to guess, that French girl, Camille, got something fire or earth related."

I looked to Sirius, sending him a look that said I think he's telling the truth.

"You're welcome." He almost sang, acting as though he was some god.

"Why'd you help us?" I asked, looking back at him. "You could've easily kept this information to yourself." I didn't trust his motive.

"Maybe I like your smile." He told me, and I immediately cringed at him. There was no way...

Sirius rolled his eyes, looking from me to Armin.

"Or maybe you know that if we both have the advantage going into next round, we can beat Camille. And you want me to be the one you have to fight to get the cup. You underestimate me." Sirius cleverly deduced, even I was shocked. Or maybe he just pulled that out of his ass. However, Armin just smirked.

"It's nothing personal, mate. You came last in the first round. It's only safe to assume." He said, and Sirius' eyes turned to slits.

Armin was playing a strange game. To him, Sirius was the weakest link. Now, he wanted Camille to have the disadvantage in the next round so that him and Sirius could have the advantage for the final task. It wasn't about giving Sirius an advantage, it was about giving Camille the disadvantage. He thought she could win. But apparently he didn't think Sirius could.

"Anyways, much love to you, Florence. I'll be off." He grinned, and with a disgusting swagger walked off.

"Die lonely!" I called after him. Sirius didn't even object my loudness.

"Does nobody think I can win this stupid tournament?" Sirius grumbled to himself, turning to the desk and clearing everything up.

"Hey." I called, causing him to pause as he gathered up our papers and books. He then looked at me and I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Get over it." I said softly. Sirius looked insanely confused.

"What I said about me thinking you won't win." He opened his mouth to speak but I raised my hand to stop him. "I know it's bothering you."

He silenced.

"I didn't know what I was saying then." I clarified. "You are going to win. I'm certain."

He looked at me unsure.

"Listen— before I was just helping you to stay alive. Now I'm helping you to win. The way I see it, you can't lose."

Sirius didn't break his gaze with me and eventually I could see his mouth upturn.

"You believe me now, don't you?" I grinned, taking his hand. He rolled his eyes but nodded.