"Well excuse me for being busy moving crap into my new place. Plus, I've been coming over to yours all the time, you could've told me to bring the girls."

"They are always welcome. Sometimes more than you are," I snicker at my own response, then give up on my drawers and head to the closet, bringing the phone with me.

"Rude. What are you doing? Why am I pointed at the ceiling?"

With a short laugh releasing, I sort through my racks of clothing, deciphering between the kind of vibe I want to target for the day, all whilst still in my towel. Grabbing my phone on the little ledge in the closet and propping it up to show my face and torso, I witness her bright eyes go wide with surprise and she makes a movement that causes her phone to once again fall over.

"I just showered. Looking for clothes."

When she places her phone back up, there's a pinkish hue to her cheeks while she coughs, patting her chest that matches the tone of her cheeks now, almost like every bit of her is flushing for some reason.

"Oh! S-sorry, I-I didn't know. You could've told me you were busy, you didn't have to answer." Her voice rambles, tripping over her own words as she rattles off, eyes trying to look anywhere but at me on her device, bringing a furrow to my eyebrows.

"I'm not busy, love, just naked. But hey, feel free to stay for the show–" "Nope! No, no, that's alright. Ceiling works." She cuts me off as I start to remove the towel, and I oblige, placing the phone down again towards the ceiling while I change into a simple look for the day, just a band tee, ripped shorts, high-top sneakers and a baseball cap.

I ponder about her flustered reaction just moments ago. Florence and I would get dressed together all the time, change in front of one another. Emma and I have done the same, and so on. Why did she get all up in arms about it? Maybe she's not the type to change with her friends or care to see them naked? Not that I would've actually shown her my naked body, it was just a towel, but still.

Strange, that one.

"I slept at Tom's last night," She blurts it out of nowhere, and I have to pause while tying my laces, eyes briefly staring at the rack of shoes as if they'd do anything to help. Thankfully, Taylor can't see my face.

Slowly, I let out, "and?"

"A-and...it was nice, I don't know. He's really sweet. We've gone on a few dates I guess, but I'm not sure. And last night we sort of...it was our first time sleeping together and I don't know, it was okay."

Part of me wants to smile at her description. I can sense the notes of disappointment in her voice. It's been clear to me over the past two weeks since she's ignited this thing with Tom that she's been hoping for good things, hoping that she'd feel a spark, feel that first little light of chemistry to show itself. She so badly wants something to give in her life and she's trying so hard to make this work with Tom, or so it seems.

And every single time she goes on a date with him, who does she talk to about it right after? Me.

It's like she's reminding me of my position, that we're just friends.

Not that I thought we were anything else.

It was just...two weeks ago when we got breakfast and she came over. She was so affectionate, so cuddly, and I couldn't really decipher the meaning of it, but it's clear to me now.

It was nothing.

She likes Tom and I've been very clearly reassured of her sexuality. Women are not on her radar.

That night, though, it sticks in my head like glue under a school desk.

Taylor ended up falling asleep on me. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't sure if I should wake her, if I should just let her get her rest because I could only imagine it's hard for her to do so with her hectic schedule.