Chapter One- Raining Letters

Any normal kid would wake up this early to the sun shining through their window. However, for Marigold, she was woken up by a loud banging at the cupboard door

‘Up! Get up! Now!’ Petunia Dursley shrieked at the twins who were forced out of the comfort of their dreams.

Harry put on his slightly broken glasses and looked at his sister as she rubbed her eyes.

Harry had black hair that seemed to be in a constant state of messy, nothing anyone did would fix it. Not even Petunia’s attempt to cut off all of his hair besides his bangs that slightly covered his lightning bolt scar. The next day his hair had grown back and was just as messy as it had always been.

His sister looked fairly similar to him she had the same green eyes and dark hair. Her hair was more straight than his but still wild with curls that clearly hadn’t been taken care off. She however didn’t have a scar from the car accident their parents supposedly died in and she didn’t need to wear glasses.

‘Are you up yet?’demanded their aunt Petunia as she walked back to to the door under the stairs where the twins slept despite how cramped it was especially now they were older.

‘Nearly,’ said Harry in reply. He looked at his sister and mouthed ‘every morning’ which made the almost eleven year old girl laugh.

‘Well, get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon, and eggs. And don’t you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddy’s birthday.’ Harry groaned. ‘What did you say?’ Their aunt snapped through the door. ‘Nothing! Aunt Petunia be right there.” Marigold quickly shouted to her aunt covering for Harry.

Harry mouthed a thank you to his sister.

After getting ready into an oversized old dress of her aunt petunia’s Marigold put her hair into a messy ponytail and headed to the kitchen to help Harry with breakfast.

She went to the stove and cracked some eggs into the stove.

The table was covered in nicely wrapped gifts for their cousin. Harry and Marigold never got gifts like this, if they were lucky they would get a pair of socks.

Of course having such a horrible aunt and uncle meant they raised a horrible son. Dudley Dursley was their cousin, he was a few months older than the twins. He was treated like a prince by his parents which meant he became very spoiled, and very entitled.

Of course this meant that the second he got into the kitchen and looked at his huge pile of presents, he almost threw the biggest tantrum because he had a few less presents than the year before, and obviously instead of teaching him to be appreciative his mother promised him that she would buy him more presents when he and his friend piers went to the zoo that day.

Harry and Marigold were supposed to stay at miss Figs house being completly separated from the happy family they lived with but were definitely not appart off.

Harry hated it at Miss Figs as she would often go on and on about all of the cats she owed and had previously owned. Marigold however loved it, she adored the cats and they seemed to love her. Marigold was content that one day she may end up with like 20 cats but she was more than happy with this.

Then the phone rang and all hell broke lose.

“Bad news, Vernon,” aunt Petunia started “Mrs Figg’s broken her leg. She can’t take him.” She jerked her head in Harry and Marigold’s direction.

Marigold looked at her brother fearful, of corse they would blame them for something they didn’t do they always did. Harry however looked at his twin brightly clearly having a idea in his head.