9. i can't think of a title

Start from the beginning

He ended the call, and I lowered the phone from my ear. Why was I called young one?

Placing the phone back onto the table, I thought on how to prepare for the meetup. Going alone would be nerve-wracking, but dad is at work and Chenya has his own club work on Thursdays. I didn't wish to drag one of the 'Slabs of Trauma' out for something small like this, too...

Sighing, I looked over my desk where a small stuffed bear with a red charm on its neck was placed.

"It's been a while since I used this," I said in thought, holding it in front of my face. "I suppose it'll make adequate protection."

I gave the stuffed bear a small pet before putting it on the desk, next to the neon red phone.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

I huffed in content after I packed the two sandwiches I made after breakfast into a large bento box.

'I wonder if this Ortho guy is a friend of Idia's?' I thought, putting it into my bag along with my phone. 'Either way, he gets a sandwich too I guess. I hope he likes CLT's.'

Checking the time, I went to the door to get my shoes and a jacket on.

After hesitating, I quickly re-entered the house to grab a mask. I then locked the door to my home and went my jolly way to the place I am to meet up with Susan.

Fortunately, with the mask I wasn't recognized by anyone while on my trip.

'Is this what Neige feels like?' I thought, feeling queasy at the thought of the boy. Since our first meeting I haven't seen or heard from him, thank the seven. However I felt a need to confront him about what he's done.

But not today.

After a small wait, I heard a small van approaching down the road. Looking up, I saw the familiar old lady.

"Hi (Y/N)!" She greeted, stopping the truck in front of me. "Hop in."

"Thank you," I said politely, entering the truck and removing the mask. "I didn't know what to wear, so I just have a blouse and black pants on."

"Oh, don't worry! I'll hand you an apron to work with." She hummed, beginning the drive up the hill. "The NRC boys are quite boisterous though. I tell you, keep an eye out for ones who try to steal. Lots of 'em there, though most have probably learnt their lesson."

I imagined the kind old lady getting mad, and shivered. "Got it."

"There's going to be a cargo checkup at the front gate before we can enter." She explained, "Then we'll have some ghosts help carry stuff into the kitchen where we can get to work. The sandwiches are made, so it's just lining them up."

"Okay."

Soon, with a light conversation the school was visible through the forest.

"Woah," I said, looking at the huge castle behind the gates. "The school's huge!"

"I reacted like that when I first came into the NRC, too." Susan chuckled, "Oh, and there's Mr. Sam! It seems he'll be checking on us today."

I looked at the gates, and saw a man in dark clothing and a tophat in front of the gate. As we approached, I could see white facepaint on his face and down to his collarbone.