He was popular in the school, he was a junior, Co-Captain of the football team, had the looks, the style—the charm, and all the girls on his back, he had it all— enough to woo Monica into his life. Donald would even see girls stare at Monica with disgust and jealousy because they knew that Travis was sweet on her, but he would see Travis talk to multiple girls. All up in their faces, walking to class with them, he would even flirt with some of the cheerleaders out on the football field.

But he swore up and down Monica was his 'number one girl' and the other girls were just groupies fighting and trying to get his attention. And like the young, innocent, and in love girl that she is— she believed every word that came out of his mouth, and continued to see him. From what he was told, her parents had little to no idea about her involvement with Deion. They knew that they were friends, but they didn't know that they were technically in a full blown relationship.

He just hoped that it wouldn't end up leaving her scarred in the future.

_________________________________________

"Ugh! I swear on my great-granny's grave I am going to kill him!" Shannon growled as she picked up more napkins to wipe the rest of the red punch the school had for us off of her white sleeveless dress, a frown plastered on her face as she looked in the mirror the bathroom provided for her.

We stood in the biggest stall in the girls bathroom as me and Denise tried to help Shannon get the juice off of her chest before it dripped down on to her dress. We were out on the dance floor, just having a good time when Cedric's clumsy self bumped into her, spilling a bit of his juice onto Shannon. The two already had problems from when they were little, this just added to the tension. Shannon stormed out of the gym before she could curse him out and possibly slap the skin off of him.

"I'm sure it's not that bad Shan, just use the scarf you brought to cover it." Denise tried to reassure her as she continued to pat the remaining red droplets off of Shannon's brown shoulder.

Shannon peers at Denise over her shoulder, then down at her black and blue floral dress, "Of course you'd say that, people wouldn't see the big freakin' red stain on your dress, just hush Denise , I swear imma make his boney behind pay every penny his ugly mama has to fix this."

Shannon huffs, pouting, letting her hot pink painted index finger run over the soft light pink stain at the top of her dress, she ran her fingers through her mushroom flip haircut, she bit her lip as tears started to well up in her eyes. She told us that her mama spent most of her paycheck just to have Shannon looking her best tonight, and if she were to come home with a big stain on her dress— her ass was grass whether if it was an accident or not.

"Damn it. Y-Y'all tell me s-something, something to s-stop me from panicking r-right now." Shannon stammered as her lower back leaned against the sink, she used the pads of her fingers to wipe away any tears that fell down her cheeks.

"Um... I think my mama is finally cheating on my daddy." Denise blurts out, Shannon's Mary Jane shoe stops tapping against the tile flooring of the bathroom as she cuts her eyes at Denise.

I gasp quietly as Denise stood there against the pink tile wall— her hazel eyes ping ponging between the both of us, the kind of resembled Donald's— speaking of him, I haven't seen him all night, I just saw Kandy in that pink dress looking a hot mess as she was helping her friends collect tickets with a pile of makeup on her face, she looked like Ronald McDonald, her blind grandmother must've did her makeup if they let her walk out of the house looking like that.