007. ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ɪɴ

Start from the beginning

"No, that doesn't ring a bell bro."

"And secondly, Kie kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were making out." John B finished raising his shoulders.

Rue smiled to herself overhearing the conversation. At first the way JJ didn't want her to dive was annoying but after thinking about it, it was kind of sweet. Just a good friend looking after her.

"Low hanging fruit bro." He pointed at John B. "And don't pretend you don't notice. She looks at you and you start blushing."

"I blush?"

Rue poked her head between the seats, slightly scaring the boys. "Yeah, your cheeks turn a rosy red color. Almost like a sunburn, can't relate."

JJ reached for the compass in her hands but she pulled back. "No." She scolded.

"Hey don't-" John B warned JJ, who still tried to reach for it. He then looked to Rue. "Don't let him get it, he'll break it."

"I just want to look at it." He whined like a child, giving Rue puppy dog eyes.

After John B gave a nod she reluctantly handed it over. "What are you five?" She teased.

"Six, actually." JJ corrected while turning the object in his hands. "I'll admit, your fathers compass in Scooters boat, that's freaky."

John B nodded. "Yeah, that's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana, figure this whole thing out."

Rue patted his shoulder. "Yeah, not like her husband just died or anything."

A bright house came into view. It was a bit rundown and there were patterns, pictures, and paintings, all over the place.

As the boys got out, Rue waited for one of them to open her door. It what they did since they were children. JJ slid the Twinkie open and held his hand out. She smiled thankfully accepting his help.

Their hands still connected as they followed John B up to the colorful home. It definitely was different.

"You know what this house looks like?" John B asked placing the compass in his right shorts pocket.

JJ laughed turning to him. "Like whoever lives here smokes too much weed."

"Yeah, I want what they got." Rue joined in.

From a distance they could hear glass shattering, making the three drop their smiles. Their steps faltered trying to figure out what was happening.

Lana's cry's could be heard along with the angry voices of a man, maybe two.

"Maybe we should come back-" JJ began but was cut of by JBs shushing.

More yelling and crashing filled their ears. "I'll sink you to the fucking ground!"

The three immediately ducked. Rue moved next to JJ, her left hand subconsciously grabbing his arm.

"John B!" She whispered gesturing her head back to the Twinkie.

He shushed her too making her roll her eyes. "Come on."