Chap 52 - The Loss

Start from the beginning

I pulled her by the fabric of her blouse, leaning her body up, and right after threw a strong punch in her mouth which propelled the woman's body to the ground, hitting her head hard. I repeated the action several times in a furious and unhealthy lack of control. Until she in a failed attempt stretched her arm to try and grab something. Instantly I sought what she wanted so badly, and only noticed the glow of the silver gun thrown under the shelf. And I smacked her face with more fury, causing her head to move in an opposite side to the punch. My hands began to hurt too much, and I quickly stood up, grabbing the gun from the floor.

I was breathless, nervous, almost desperate. I held the gun tightly, seeing my hands shake around the cold metal. I pointed towards Candece, feeling all the hate that that woman had caused me. The blonde was completely hurt, her face disfigured in a way that I never thought I was capable of. Red liquid dripped down her nose and mouth, and dirtied the rest of her body. She remained thrown on the ground, moving slowly as if she wasn't capable of a faster action. I blinked a few times, I felt my throat dry and some tears running down. I never thought about really killing someone, I'd never do that. But the image of Luizacrossed my mind bringing a whirlwind of desperate feelings. My heart was pounding frantically, in the same pace in which my breath was flawed. 

She shot Luiza. 

She shot her. 

She killed Luiza. 

She killed her.

Those were the only things that crossed my mind in that moment, causing me to cock the gun. Candece frowned and groaned deeply in pain. And that for me was still not enough, she had to die. In the instant my index finger positioned itself on the trigger to press tightly I felt arms wrap around me and someone's body join mine quickly.

- Don't do it! Please! - She asked desperately - Valentina! 

And as in a snap that voice brought me back. 

It was Luiza, oh my God! 

Luiza was alive! 

I turned to face her with wide eyes and my breath mismatch, letting the gun fall slowly to the ground. I couldn't believe in what I was seeing. She had a scared and nervous expression. Tears flowed nonstop from her so sad brown eyes. With trembling hands I touched the skin of her face slowly, trying to get my brain to assiLulute the idea that she was alive and that I hadn't yet gone mad. 

- God... Lu... Lu! - I whispered in a small voice touching her face, being able to feel the tears wetting my hands lightly - You... - I whispered amid tears. 

- Stay calm... - She said nervously.

I couldn't think, the emotion that took over me was simply indescribable.

- I'm here. I'm fine, baby. - She whispered nervously. 

- Oh my God. - I let out in a small voice as I pulled the brunette's body into my arms, and I cried with the pain that was in my chest, and the relief. 

In the same instant the security guard from a few minutes ago entered the office with two other men, staring at us with wide eyes. 

- Call an ambulance! The woman is hurt! - The young man shouted. 

The other two men ran quickly in search of help. And Luiza got out of my arms quickly to kneel on the floor beside the security guard that was trying to help the person who was on the floor. 

- Do something, please! - She exclaimed desperately. 

I approached slowly seeing the body of Sinu Campos on the floor. The woman was with her clothes being almost totally stained with blood, the puddle on the floor made everything worse. The young man who was at her side put two fingers on her pulse point on her neck.