I sighed deeply as I slumped on the table in front of me, the wounds that I had gotten from the recent battle had almost healed because of my healing magic but I was mentally exhausted. I needed my brother's kind words at this moment. Would he ever talk to me...?

I had almost dozed off when the flaps of my tent were opened and a knight walked in.

"Dame, there's a problem!"

I stood up and noticed the grim expression on his face.

"What's wrong?"

"The-The Knights that fought in the recent battle, their wounds aren't healing."

I narrowed my eyes at his words, "What?"

"Yes, Dame. There are over three hundred knights who are in a critical condition because of blood loss and other injuries. The medicines or the healers' magic isn't working on them."

It was shocking. How was that possible?

I walked out of my tent and made my way towards the tent where the injured were being treated. For some reason, there was a strange heavy feeling in the air, as if the air carried death with it.

I hurried over and walked inside the tent only to be hit by the strong stench of rotting flesh and blood. Moreover, there was a strange black mist that was covering the whole tent.

"What..." I gasped as I saw my strong and valiant knights dying on the cots with the doctors, nurses and Mages running around trying to handle the situation.

"Dame!" The knight stationed inside cried as he saw me.

I walked over to the closest knight and leaned closer to check the gash on his chest. The black mist was covering his wound, I clenched my teeth as I realised what was going on.

"Black magic."

The knights behind me gasped, "Pa-Pardon?!"

It would be too late if I healed the knights one by one, at this time the only spell that would help would be the purification spell.

"Everyone, stay where you are, I'm going to cast the mass purification spell, it'll heal your wounds quickly!" I announced and walked over and stood in the center of the tent.

The knights were groaning and moaning in pain all around me but I had to focus on my will to cure and protect them.

I released a low sigh and the light emanated from my being. I prayed and wished for the black energy to be purged and that was enough to put strength into my spell.

I opened my eyes as soon as the spell was done and noticed the sunlight once again making its way inside the tent lighting it up.

The stench of rotting flesh and blood was gone leaving behind the scent of fresh roses. The injured knights sat up checking their bodies with amazed expressions as everyone was healed.

"We're healed!"

"I'm alive!"

"Dame is Goddess!"

"All hail Crown Princess Athelinda!"

"Long live Crown Princess Athelinda!"