Carlos Oliveira x(?) Reader

Start from the beginning

"Chris, we've found nothing after about 20 rooms of searching. Have you found anything remotely close to a sample?" You ask, keeping your guard up.

"Not yet. Just be weary, something's telling me we're not alone," he responds.

"Spidey senses tingling?" Carlos asks, making you smile.

"You could say that," Chris says, amused. Carlos is constantly checking behind while you keep your eyes ahead down the hall, still seeing nothing. Nothing but a simple blood trail, dripping on the wall, smeared on the floor.

"Carlos?"

"Oh shit," he whispers, seeing what you're observing. Quiet clicking noises come from above you, and the both of you stop in your tracks.

Tilting your head up, a disgusting, skinless creature lurks, ready to pounce. It has a low clicking growl, something you've only heard in nightmares. Not even a second later it throws itself on you, a scream erupting the quiet air. Carlos shouts for you and shoots at the monster, catching it's attention.

Dazed, it jumps off of you, scratching you in the process. You flip over and quickly get to your feet, realizing your gun slid across the floor.

"Someone, answer me!!" You hear Chris shout. Looking away from your gun you see Carlos on the ground, a the monster's claws raised, ready to strike. In a panic, you run and grab your gun, shooting at it wildly.

A pained yell comes from him, and the monster falls onto him, dead. You run and pull it off his body, seeing that he had deep claw marks on his face and neck, blood pouring out. A major artery got sliced. No, no no no. Tears well up in your eyes, and you start to break down.

"CHRIS, GET HERE NOW! PLEASE!" You wail, holding his hand tightly.

"Carlos, everything is going to be fine, I promise," you say, your voice breaking, tears falling.

"Please," he whispers. "Live the life I wish I could have lived with you. I love you," he says, voice strained.

"I- I love you too," you whisper. A faint smile graces his lips, and his eyes close. This can't be happening. No, it can't. He just passed out. That's all.

"Carlos?" You ask, a crack in your voice. There's no response, not a breath or a twitch from his body. "CARLOS!" You shake his arm, your hand still gripping his tightly. You scream, voice raspy, unable to control your sobbing.

Footsteps come, and Chris and DC round the corner. They stop in their tracks, seeing you weep at his side, knowing what happened just by the looks of the scene.

"We have to go," Chris tells you, kneeling down, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"No!" You yell, your body hunching and slowly losing its will to even sit. "We can't leave him! I can't -"

"He's gone," DC says. You sob, and Chris pulls you up by the shoulders, your body barely supporting your own weight. I don't want to go. I don't want him to leave me, not like this.

"C'mon, we're leaving," he says, grabbing your wrist, gently tugging you. You can't peel your eyes off of him, the deadly wounds on him. "Listen to me, if we don't go now, it could get worse," Chris says.

Nothing he's saying is going to your head. You've blocked his voice out completely, shock making your ears ring and your body still, your voice quiet. All you feel is yourself crying, tears running, and the empty feeling of Carlos's hand missing from yours.

At this point, Chris is dragging your full weight, shushing you and trying to snap you out of it. Your brain is shutting down, a panic attack ensuing.

"Hey, can you hear us?!" DC says, snapping her fingers. You look up, body shaking harshly, breathing ragged. You nod, realizing you're back in the van, Chris driving while DC tries to snap you out of it.

"What just happened?" You ask, voice shaky.

"Do you remember? Did your memory black out?" You stare, open mouthed, looking confused at her.

"He's gone. And we left the building." She nods, sighing with a somber face.

"You did your best. I'm so sorry, I know you two have been friends for a long time."

"He loved me."

"What?"

"He said... He loved me. And I said it back." She looks even more sad, looking down at the floor. "He told me to live the life he wished he could live with me."

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I know there's going to be a lot of "only if " moments in your mind, but you have to remember what happens happens. We can't change it. He left you with those words, hold them dear."

A single tear falls, your eyes blinking rapidly. I just lost my best friend. And he loved me. And I never got the chance to love him back.

Ty to FlowetWify for the request ♥️
This took so long bc it made me so depressed to write lol mb