phone calls & fame ☆

♡ CJ ♡

Nash had decided to take all of us to go to the mall, of course Hayes brought one of his stupid friends, Kyle. They'd been good friends for a while now, so he was used to our insane family car rides. I had to scream at Nash to make him get my best friend, Meredith. I pulled out my phone and went straight to iMessage, clicking on the conversation with 'MereBear :)',
to MereBear :
Nash is taking us to the mall, you're coming. i refuse to be the only girl at the mall with these baboons.
I hit send and waited for a response, staring out the window, watching the blur of green trees. When Hayes and I were little we used to try and count the trees. It was impossible, but that's why we played it. I felt a vibrate on my leg, and glanced down at the message.
from MereBear :
like i would even argue! of course i'll join you! :-).
I laughed slightly and rolled my eyes.
"So, are we picking up Meredith?" Nash asked, looking in the rear view mirror.
"Meredith's coming?!" Skylynn screeched, her eyes widening. She loved my friends, they all thought she was adorable. Who could argue though?
"Yeah, she's coming." I laughed quietly, scooting into the middle seat as my best friend in the entire world hopped into the seat beside me. Mere is probably the most fashionable person ever. She usually doesn't pay that much for her clothes and ends up looking better than everyone. How? This girl just knows how to shop. Today she had on an adorable baby blue romper and insanely confusing but adorable bubble necklace with her waist-length hair curled perfectly. I, on the other hand, was wearing high-waisted denim shorts and a loose fitting, cropped, creamy blue muscle tank top with a gold, chain necklace reading 'twin' that Hayes gave me when we were seven.
"Hey, Grier's, and Skylynn." She smiled, looking over to my half sister.
"Ahem." Kyle cleared his throat, causing her to glance at him.
"Kyle."
"Meredith." Hayes and I grinned at each other. When we were about eleven, we'd wanted our best friends to date so that we could make them be friends, too. That way all four of us could do stuff together. Both of them were totally into each other, until Kyle cheated and ruined it all. They've hated each other since. But their best friends are twins so they have to suck it up. A lot.

X X X

When we finally got to the mall, Nash declared we were going to pinkberry to get fro-yo before anything else. No one complained, except for Kyle, who everyone shot a glare at. We were all walking around the mall, playing a game of twenty questions. It was currently Hayes's turn, and no one had gotten it so far. All we knew was that it was a female and that we all knew her. I was standing in between Mere and Hayes, who was next to Kyle with Nash besides Kyle and Skylynn on his back. I'll admit that at first when Skylynn was born I was super mad. I even tried to mail her to North Korea once when I was eleven. But I mean, I'd always been the baby (even though I'm only a couple minutes younger than Hayes) and the only girl. So when our half sister came along. I was kind of jealous. I still get jealous occasionally, but I think Nash gets jealous of me and Hayes, since he was the youngest for a bit. And poor Will probably misses being an only child. So it's natural. When I finally snapped back into reality, I noticed Nash was on the phone and Hayes was holding Skylynn.
"Yes sir. Yeah, yeah. Mhm, I'll ask him." He motioned for Hayes to come over to where he was standing, and the two started whispering, occasionally pointing back at me and Skylynn, who was now in my arms. "He said yes. Yeah! Thank you so much! Alright bye!" When the two came back, all four of us were staring at them, frowning.
"We just got invited to a tour called MAGcon!" Hayes grinned, obviously excited.
"Aw, monkey face!" I laughed and hugged him. Nash was awkwardly dancing and celebrating, earning himself weird stares from other people.
"I can't wait." Hayes pulled back from the hug, scratching his neck nervously.
"Oh, um. About that... It's just me and Nash." He muttered.
Wait. What?
X X X

author's note :
ooooh they're leaving CJJJ !!