7. the muppets make me lose my mind

Start from the beginning

"Still," I said to no one in particular. "I wonder what he made. I didn't even know Chenya could cook..."

Seating myself at a decently clean table, I undid the cloth around the box and opened it.

I froze at the sight of the contents.

"...Does he secretly hate me.....?"

The contents were... unsavoury, to say the least.

I gulped in fear, casting my eyes away from the bento box as I put the lid onto it once more.

"I can survive a few more hours without eating... yep, haha." I considered throwing it out.

As I stood up, a neon red caught my eye. Approaching the item, I realized it was a phone.

I internally cursed, looking out the door to see if anyone was coming back before grabbing it. The screen lit up, and the lockscreen seemed to be of multiple Night Raven College students. They all had neon green blazers, which made me scrunch my nose. 'Which dorm was the green one? Insomnia?'

Considering that there were no call or text notifications, the owner must've not realized it was lost yet.

I sighed, placing the phone on the counter. Its not like I can really do anything since it's locked— the owner will come get it eventually. Probably.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

WE'RE DONE‼️‼️‼️‼️

THE DINNER RUSH IS OVER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

High on the success of an empty, decently-clean restaurant, I petted Watson's back, only to get my hand bitten.

"Ow! Fuck man—" I hissed, holding the wounded hand. "This is why our store has a 3 star rating now. Your bitchass needs to get MUZZLED."

He shrieked at me before raising his wings to fly and dive out an open window.

I grumbled, carrying a stack of plates into the kitchen. There's only 15 minutes until closing time, so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone entering—

-cla-ching!

well, fuck my luck.

Internally screaming, I backtracked out of the kitchen to see eight people.

I contemplating killing myself for a second, before shooting the thought into the ozone layer.

Maybe its not that bad. It's only one teenager and eight.... children?

I saw their colourful hair. 'Are they casting for the muppets..?'

I squinted as the sunset shining through the windows lined them like gods. They were seriously sparkly, like main characters.

"Hello!" A brunet said, smiling as he walked to the counter. When I harboured no reaction from his charisma, he added, "I'm Neige LeBlanche."

'Snow TheWhite? His parents must've hated him.' I thought, putting the plates on the side of the counter and wiping my hands with a rag.