001 : one and the same

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah right, that's the famous bear from the cartoon Haru loves so much." He has a hand on his hip as he snaps his fingers, trying to jog his memory. "He's Rilakkuma, right?"

Suguru moves stands next to Satoru. "Yeah. She loves it a lot."

"You should get it for her."

Suguru scrunches his nose. "Wouldn't that be a bit weird?"

Satoru raises an eyebrow at that. "Why? We give each other gifts all of the time." That's true. On occasion , Geto will buy Satoru those gummies he loves so much and every now and then, he'll get Shoko a new pack of cigarettes. Getting something for Haru wouldn't be any different. It shouldn't feel different.

Nodding towards the "for sale" sign next to it, Gojo speaks up, "If it's about the price, I could always help out, you know."

He knows Satoru is offering to assist mainly because he wants to show off rather than actually help Suguru out. He rejects the offer though, because while he's not rich like Satoru, money isn't the problem.

Satoru sighs, suddenly annoyed with the current situation, his brattiness taking over. "Why don't you just buy it and give it to her whenever you're ready? Hurry up, I wanna go to that candy store we passed by earlier."

Suguru mulls it over. For the first time, Satoru has said something that makes sense. "Okay," he whispers and before he can think twice, he's walking into the store, the little bell atop the door ringing. Satoru is right behind him.

𝓣O SHOKO IERI, Haru Kutsuki is like the sun itself

𝓣O SHOKO IERI, Haru Kutsuki is like the sun itself. Bright. Blindingly bright. And if you stare at her too long, your eyes will burn, because that brightness is sometimes too much. Shoko is certain that Haru and the sun are one in the same. Maybe it's just Shoko who feels that way, given she's more into doom and despair than bliss and buzz.

They had opted for a girls day, given the fact that Satoru and Suguru had decided to go off shopping on their own. Shoko had wanted a break from the boys' constant bickering and overall annoying energy. A break from the male species is needed every now and then, for mental health reasons of course. Haru skips ahead of her, a matcha boba drink in one hand and her white purse precariously dangling off the other.

They haven't bought anything. Haru, Shoko realizes, is the type of little bitch to spend ungodly amounts of hours in a store and come out with absolutely nothing. And as for Shoko, she can't seem to find the energy to buy anything. Haru says shopping is more about the experience than, well, actual shopping and she's been trying to take those words to heart.

"Shoko!" She almost drops her cigarette when Haru pulls her in close. "Look!" Haru points up at the blue sky, the sun glinting off the many rings on her fingers. The ice in her drink clatters loudly.

Shoko follows her direction to a typical white cloud. Her face drops, bored voice taking over, "It's just a cloud, stop getting excited over stupid shit."