Chapter 4: Upper Echelon

ابدأ من البداية

David: No not that. Think about it, you're smart, rich, your literally in the upper echelon of the city. Hell, maybe even the world. Use that money to get yourself an upgrade. 

Y/N: I. . . . I'll get back with you on that. I gotta go now. You just gave me an idea.

  You end the call as Kiwi seems done patching you up. She lets out a sigh signaling you to get up. You thought about it and then your mind clicked.

Y/N: 'If you think about it, I'm an above average intelligent boy with enough money to pay for gear that would put Adam Smasher to shame probably. . . But I'm not gonna go that hard in the paint. Just stuff to get me an edge.'

  You put your jacket on as you get on the couch and give Kiwi a smooch on the cheek.

Kiwi: What the fuck!?

Y/N: Oh don't act like I haven't done that before. It's how I say thank you to the hot ones.

  You open the window of her apartment and leap out. The dig your claws into the side of the wall as you think to better upgrade yourself and everything you've got so far. You make your way down the building back to your motorcycle as you decide to take a little detour through the city.

  Driving around, you stop by certain stores for parts. A clothing store here, A ripper doc there, a weapons vender here, and an auto shop being your final stop. You make it back to your base which is a garage.

  Once you park, you unlock the garage and open it. Hearing a could of familiar meows as you see your two cats. One as white as snow, and the other as dark as the night.

Y/N: Hello Shade, hello Ghost. 

  You say as you pet the two cats. You go through your stuff, putting the items you just purchased onto the table before you. Cracking your knuckles and getting to work. As youwork you look to the side of your work table and see a helmet of yours that Gloria had purchased for you as a birthday gift.

  You remember that birthday. It was one to fully recall.

**************

  It was a rainy day. Gloria was driving me back to my apartment.

Y/N: . . . Thank you for the party Gloria. It was nice to have at least one of my moms around.

Gloria: Try to understand, Kimi is a busy woman. A real workaholic that one. She only wants a stable future for you.

Y/N: I know. Not like I needed her around anyway.

  All honesty, Gloria was more of a mom to you than your actual mother.

Y/N: You knew her for a while right? What was she like when you guys were younger.

  Gloria thought it over a bit, the sound of rain hitting the windshield of the car was soothing. Rides in the rain always relaxed me. Watching the city as we drove to Westbrook.

Gloria: Kimiko was always a smart one. Never really knew how to have fun. Her family was strict, but I got her to loosen up a bit here and there. Didn't really connect with her until we got older and she got her job. Then when she had you, that's when we really bonded. I see a lot of me and her in you and David. That's why I always like having you around, gives you a break from the high and busy life, and keeps him out of trouble.

Y/N: . . . hmm. Nova, I guess.

Gloria: Seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

  Some time later, she stops by your apartment as you exit the car

Y/N: Thank you for the ride Gloria.

Gloria: Wait, hold on. I have something for you.

  She rushes out of the car to the back and pulls out a box with a red ribbon on it.