"Oh um yeah I think so." He grinned and started walking backwards, "see you then!" He gave Ethan an interesting look before turning around and heading back to his table. "E, could you grab me a to go box?"

His heart swelled at the nickname and he nodded before standing up and walking towards the counter. You thanked him when he brought it back and you packed up the rest of your food. "Ready?" You asked, standing and getting ready to leave.

"Wait, I've gotta pay-" He started pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. "No, I took care of it." You smiled and slung your purse over your shoulder. Ethan looked at you confused, "what, why?"

You just shook your head looking indifferent. "It's the least I could do to thank you." He followed you outside and you started walking back towards campus. "You didn't have to pay, a girl should never pay." He said and you smiled up at him. "Well what a gentleman you are!"

He laughed with you as you nudged his arm. "Next time it's on me." He said before freezing up, next time? What if there wasn't a next time, he was just tutoring you. This dinner was probably just a one time thing.

"Okay." You giggled snapping him out of his worries. He walked you back to your dorm and you hugged him goodbye. As you reached the top of the stairs you turned around to give him another wave before disappearing.

Ethan walked the whole way home with a smile on his face. You hadn't noticed you too were smiling until your roommate gave you a funny look and asked what had you all happy. You gave some lame excuse before going into your room.

The weekend rolled around and you found yourself missing Ethan. You sat with him in class and exchanged a few texts but you wanted to see him again. Yet, you didn't want to scare the poor boy. He was just being nice and tutoring you, it wasn't that deep.

You were pregamming with your friends for the party Bryce had told you about earlier in the week. Your thumbs hovered over your screen, debating on texting Ethan to come. It didn't really seem like his scene so you reluctantly decided against it.

Ethan was laying down on the couch when Chad burst in and started yelling. "Lets go tutor boy!!!" Chad threw clothes at him and he looked down at them confused. "We're going to a party! Y/n's gonna be there."

Chad placed his hands on his hips impatiently waiting for Ethan to get up. "Why all black?" Ethan asked looking at Chad's clothes and the clothes in his hands. "Theme party, black out or back out."

Ethan raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Chad threw his head back groaning, "just get readyyy come on!" Ethan mumbled an 'okay okay' before rushing to the bathroom to change.

You were already tipsy by the time you arrived at the party and you continued to drink, unintentionally sticking to the theme. The house was absolutely packed so Chad and Ethan didn't see you once they entered.

They stood in a spot by the doorway, surveying the scene. Chad finally spotted you standing by a group of your friends. "Hey Ethan go get us two beers would you?" He patted his roommates chest.

Ethan looked at him suspiciously before complying and heading to the kitchen in search of a cooler. Once he was out of sight Chad yelled out your name. "y/n!" It took him a few tries but you finally noticed and excused yourself from your friends.

"Chad, hey!" You said walking up to him. "Look I don't have much time but I have a question." You gave him a confused looked, you let out a drunk hiccup. "okay... what's up?" Chad did a scan of his surroundings before talking again.

"Do you like Ethan? Like really like him? Not just because he's a nice guy and he's tutoring you?" You tried to hold a poker face but you were failing terribly. Chad wiggled his eyebrows at this. You playfully smacked his chest, "fine fine yeah!"