Hey it's Ethan! I'm free tomorrow afternoon, meet me at the library?

Okay, he could work with that. "Thanks." Ethan mumbled to Chad before joining him on the couch. Not even five minutes later you had responded.

Perfect! See you then :)

Ethan smiled down at his phone and Chad smirked with a sidelong glance. He had to admit it was adorable seeing Ethan so flustered by you. Chad didn't know you that well but he knew you were nice, and he thought you and Ethan could actually work well together.

When the next day rolled around Ethan found a quiet table and got all of his materials ready. He texted you where he was and nervously bobbed his leg up and down while waiting.

He noticed you walking in and looking around. You had a slight crease in your eyebrows as you scanned the room. Once spotting him you smiled widely and made your way over to the table. Ethan felt his stomach drop, did you have to look so pretty?

"Hey!" You greeted, sitting down and pulling out your notes. "So, where do we start?" You placed your elbows on the table and your face in your hands, looking him in the eyes. He cleared his throat and started explaining last weeks lesson.

You weren't completely oblivious, Ethan was clearly nervous around you and it only made you like him more. He was clearly a kind person, and you thought he was cute. Once he started explaining concepts to you he relaxed a bit.

Talking about things he's good at seemed to calm him down and put him in a focused mood. You listened intently as he went over concepts and vocabulary. The way he explained things actually made sense to you and you were quickly finding it easier to follow along.

"I think I'm tapping out." You laughed while dropping your highlighter. After nearly two hours you thought your brain might explode if you took in anymore information.

Ethan hadn't realized how much time had passed, he was too caught up in the way your face lit up when you understood something. "Wanna grab some dinner? I'm starving." You groaned. You wanted to get dinner with him...? His brain short circuited because why on earth would you want to do that.

"S-sure." He stuttered out as you both stood, slinging your back packs over your shoulder. You nodded once at the agreement and started walking out of the library. After some debate you decided on a small diner around the corner from campus that was pretty popular.

You settled into a booth and ordered your food. "So, where are you from?" You asked with a smile. Conversation started flowing easily as Ethan talked about his family and you did the same.

There wasn't a moment of silence as you both bounced around different topics. You were both into reading and movies, although the genre taste differed, you both found common ground in your love for both.

The sun had started setting and it cast the most beautiful orange glow on your face. He wanted to take a picture so he would never forget what you looked like in this moment. "Y/n/n that you?" You both heard a voice and turned your head.

"Oh hey Bryce!" You smiled and stood up to hug the boy, your backside on perfect display. Ethan swallowed thickly at the gesture. "Who's this?" He asked with a bit of amusement in his tone, like he couldn't believe you were being seen with a guy like Ethan.

"This is Ethan! He's tutoring me for econ and totally saving my life." You smiled and sat back down. That's right, he was simply your tutor, why would he think he could be anything more. "Are you coming to the party this weekend?" Bryce ignored your introduction and changed the subject.