03. what does a wolf know about being a dog

Start from the beginning

She can hear the slaughter happening all around her, but she does not indulge the violence. She can hear and feel the pounding of footsteps on what was once green earth, but now a mountain of bodies and blood as her comrades hunt down their next victim. Chaike pays no mind to anything as she tears away at the delicate skin from the body laying lifelessly at her feet. She takes her stained blood red hands and takes apart what she wishes to eat from the meal, like tearing the chicken from the bone, she sinks her canines into the flesh, and when the iron taste of blood finally touches her tastes buds, she knows she is alive again. She can't recall the gender, the face, or really anything about the body underneath her, - not that she ever really paid attention to those types of things, a body is just a life, she doesn't care for the other trivial factors - for its distinguishing features were mutilated to ruin by her own hands.

"Wolf," she can hear someone call from a distance, and as a few moments pass she can hear the name more clearly, "Wolf!"

She tears her attention away from the feast begrudgingly and looks up at the man who had called for her. A soldier she somewhat recognized - she knew his face but didn't care to know his name like most of the people who fought a alongside her - he had a smile resting in-between his lips, and his eyes held an excitement in them that she could only describe as sadistic. He held a spear in his right hand, and a battered shield in his left, and as she looked at the weapons she watched with hunger as the blood dripped from the tip and curves of the weapons.

"We have trampled on our enemy's yet again with your help, Wolf, may we return back home to the village to celebrate this victory," he spoke to her with such happiness that it made her want to barf up the body she had just consumed.

Home.

The word rotted on her tongue, and she could feel the slimy piece of flesh push the word around in her mouth in hopes that it would sit nicely somewhere in her vocabulary. She had forgotten what it felt like to be home, and the more she ponders on the word she recounts never really knowing what a home felt like. She finds the name she has been gifted, Wolf, to be an oxymoron now. Wolves are meant to roam wild and free in the world, and a dog is the cousin who knows what a bed and meal is like. She is a wolf, or a mutt, both are siblings in a sense, and she does not know the pleasure nor warmth that comes with home. She knows the chain that is wrapped around her neck like a collar, and she knows that it is the closest thing to a home she will ever know.

Chaike looks at the boy more clearly after a few moments, and a disgusting look contorts her bloodied face as she finally has her full attention on the soldier in front of her. She doesn't like him anymore after the word, home, and she doesn't like this reality anymore after the word has been used. "They are trying to put a new chain on you, one that will make you soft and weak. Kill the word, the idea, the fantasy of it before the disease infects all of you," she can hear her mind and heart scream at her, she gives it no more thought. She lunges at the man, her jaws clamping down on his neck, and she throws her head back ripping the flesh from the body, thus leaving the inside of his neck exposed. He falls on his back, gripping at his neck in hopes of closing the wound, but Chaike rips his arms from his body, throwing them behind her like an owner throwing a stick for their dog to play fetch with. She devours and eats what she wishes from the body until there is nothing left but gnawed at bits of skin, bones, and a sea of blood soiling the earth.

She decides she does not wish to reside in this curve anymore, and so Chaike opens the doors into the angles, where time and reality are warped beyond measure that they simply do not exist in a cognitive mind. She doesn't care much for what's on the other side, but she knows it will not be this reality of the curve that she stands in now, and so she makes her way to the door of time and doesn't look back as she steps foot into the angles.