🐚 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 🐚

Start from the beginning

What's his name?

What does he like to eat?

Does he eat seaweed like him?

He just really wanted to meet him speaking of a meeting he had to meet up with Anika 

Ethan hummed a little tune as he ran his hands over the clay rocks, which he had painted with white paint

Ethan hummed a little tune as he ran his hands over the clay rocks, which he had painted with white paint. The rocks were scattered around him in the familiar rocky area where the lush jungle met the beach. Anika stood near him, but out of his reach and watched him dance about from rock to rock.

Each one was topped with a layer of white paper that curled away from it like a thin tree branch. Ethan reached for the mannequin head perched on top of one of the rocks and dusted its cheek with his hand.

She handed him a small cellular device and Ethan looked up at her with inquiring eyes. "What is this?" he said. "I've seen some of the humans talking and tapping on it," she responded, wringing her hands in front of her bright yellow pants.

He turned his attention back to the object and somehow managed to turn it on. His face lit up with joy when he saw a man staring out at him from the glowing screen; a look of calm grace resting across his eyes. This was who he longed to be near, to touch, to know.

"It's him," whispered Ethan into the night air, or perhaps into Anika's mind, for it was there that she saw his vision too: a muscular body tanned by the sun with abundance of rich black hair flowing down from his crown to end just above his high cheekbones.

Ethan couldn't believe it. Anika was willing to help him meet the human man he had been so curious about. He felt a rush of excitement and nervousness all at once. What would he say? How would he introduce himself? Would the man even want to talk to him?

 What would he say? How would he introduce himself? Would the man even want to talk to him?

As they waited for the sun to rise, Ethan's mind raced with thoughts. Anika tried to keep him calm, reminding him that they were just going to talk to the man, nothing more. They weren't going to do anything crazy or dangerous.

When the sun was finally up, Anika took Ethan by the hand and led him to the surface. They swam quietly to the shoreline, hiding behind rocks and seaweed to avoid being seen by any humans. Finally, they saw him.

The man was walking along the beach, shirtless and carrying a surfboard. He looked so free and happy, and Ethan felt a pang of envy. He wished he could experience that kind of freedom.

Another guy showed up with blonde hair "Hey dude sorry about your phone yesterday" Phone? What are they talking about? The guy shrugged his shoulders "It's alright I can always get another" His calm and relaxed attitude made Ethan perplexed if Richie or Quinn had lost something they would be freaking out

"Are you sure Chad? I feel kinda bad since you had a lot of pictures on that phone" Another girl with pale skin and long dark jet black hair said with a sympathetic expression written on her face 

"Nah it's alright Amb, you guys still wanna go on that tour hike or what?" Tour hike? Ugh humans and their odd activities Ethan swam a little closer to where the group was but was blocked off by the dock that they were standing on.

The group began to walk off to exit the beach, leaving Ethan in utter despair. His heart clenched as he watched them leave. He started to slowly retreat back to the spot where he and Anika would meet. As he swam away, his tail felt like it was dragging along the bottom of ocean floor, dragging him deeper into sadness.

His mind was racing as he realized he had taken the longest way to get to their spot. Even more devastatingly, he had lost the love of his life! "Great...this is gonna take all damn morning" in frustration and sorrow Ethan clenched the beach guys glowing block and continued to sluggishly move forward towards his destination.

Words: 1448

Chapters done: 1/10

I'd like to shout out Sudowrite for helping me push my idea further because holy hell was I struggling for a bit with this 😭

Date/Time updated: Thu, Aug 3 2023 1:06 am (1:16 am since update #1)

Update schedule for this story: Sundays at 8:00pm

Today's headcanon!

Ethan doesn't like his middle name