Chapter 7: Unexpected Encounter

Third Person POV

After the discussions in Qinghe and his conversation with Clan Leader Nie, Lan Wangji felt a renewed determination to find a solution to the Nie clan's saber curse.

However, before he could delve into his research, he received an urgent message from his uncle, requesting his presence in Gusu.

Reluctantly, Wangji left Qinghe and found himself in the bustling town of Yingchuan.

As he strolled through the streets lost in his thoughts, he suddenly came across three familiar figures - Jin Zixuan, Jin Guangyao, and a young man he had never met before, Jin Xuanyu.

Lan Wangji's heart skipped a beat at the sight of them. He had heard of their names, but they had never crossed paths before.

Unbeknownst to Lan Wangji, Xuanyu and his brothers, Jin Zixuan and Jin Guangyao, had just completed a mission and decided to take a leisurely stroll through the town.

The three young masters, oblivious to the Chief Cultivator's presence, laughed and chatted amongst themselves, enjoying the rare moment of respite.

Xuanyu, catching sight of the imposing figure in the distance, felt a strange pull, as if drawn to the enigmatic aura surrounding Lan Wangji. .

Curiosity sparked within him, and he nudged his brothers, pointing out the legendary cultivator.

Jin Zixuan's eyes widened with recognition, while Jin Guangyao's expression turned guarded.

They knew of Lan Wangji's reputation, his cold demeanor and formidable skills.

However, Xuanyu, being the youngest and most adventurous, couldn't resist the opportunity to meet the Chief Cultivator in person.

With a mixture of excitement and trepidation, Xuanyu approached Lan Wangji, his steps hesitant yet determined.

The Chief Cultivator, his gaze fixed ahead, noticed the approaching figure but remained impassive.

"Your Highness," Xuanyu addressed Wangji respectfully, bowing his head towards their Xiandu. " I never expected to find you here. It seems fate has brought us together. It is an honor to finally meet you."

Wangji's eyes met Xuanyu's, his gaze penetrating and intense. He nodded in acknowledgement, his voice a mere whisper. "Xuanyu."

Xuanyu's eyes widened in surprise. "You know my name, Your Highness?"

Wangji's lips twitched slightly, a rare hint of a smile. "Mn."

Jin Zixuan, ever the diplomat, smiled warmly and nodded. " Your highness. It's been a while since we last saw each other. How have you been?"

Wangji's eyes briefly flickered towards Xuanyu, who stood beside his brothers, his gaze fixed on Wangji with a mixture of curiosity and something else that Wangji couldn't quite decipher. "I have been well. Thank you for asking," he replied, his tone remaining neutral.

Jin Guangyao, always the peacemaker, spoke up. "We were just about to grab a bite to eat. Would you care to join us, Wangji? It would be a chance for us to catch up."

Wangji hesitated for a moment, his usual inclination to withdraw and be alone warring with the desire to understand this young man named Xuanyu. In the end, curiosity won out, and he nodded in agreement.

They found themselves in a small teahouse, the scent of freshly brewed tea wafting through the air.

As they sat around a table, Wangji observed the dynamics between the Jin brothers.