⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀

Jeremiah is sitting across from me at the table and I can tell there is a bit of tension there. We did almost kiss but I was stupid enough to tell him that I had a boyfriend.

'Steven I swear to good if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket.' Laurel tells steven

'It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces.' Susannah says trying to lighten up the mood. 'Can dinner be a screen-free zone? You know like the olden days?' She adds

'Steven?' Jere says to Steven and in no time grabs the phone from Steven's hands.

'Dude- are you kidding me.' Steven says disappointed.

'Boom! Nailed it.' Jere says after throwing the phone Into the screen basket.

'Okay, okay, okay, we get it you've been working out.' Steven says while rolling his eyes clearly not impressed.

'Oh, you're just jealous because jere has a better body than you.' I say without realizing I just said that Jeremiah has a good body out loud.

'Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now.' Steven says. 'Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits.'

'HAHAHAHA'

'Sure, sure.'

'Please, you and tailored suits? never.' Belly says clearly not buying it.

'tsss tailored suits.' Conrad says also not impressed.

'When are you leaving for training camp, man?' Steven asks Conrad.

silence

'Uh, he quit football.' Jere says breaking the silence.

'Wh- wait really you quit?' Steven asks shocked.

'mhm,' Conrad says and nods.

'Are you kidding me, man? I'd kill to play college ball.' Steven says

'He can always change his mind.' Susannah adds.

 'I'm not going to change my mind.' Conrad adds, 'I was just going to sit on the bench all season anyways.'

'Well if you're not playing football anymore, what are you gonna do all summer?' Laurel asks.

'Oh dude, you can work at the club.' Steven says coming up with a solution.

'Yeah.' Jere adds

'Yeah with me and jere.' Steven says.

'I'm not going to work at the club.' Conrad answers him.

'Wait you guys are working this summer?' Belly asks confused.

'Uh yeah I'm lifeguarding and Steven is working at the snack shop.' Jere says while giving Steven a fistbump.

'Better save me when I drown otherwise I'm gonna sue you.' I say laughing.

'I'll try' Jeremiah says looking at me from across the table.

'Wait.' Conrad says. 'How do you want to sue him if you're already dead because you drowned.'

everyone starts laughing.

'Typical y/n logic.' Laurel says.

'I'd sue him for you if he lets you drown y/n/n.' Belly says comforting me.

'Thanks bells.' I say and make a heart from my hands.

'Oh belly and y/n I almost forgot.' Susannah says while picking up 2 white envelopes. 'I have a surprise for you two.' 

'I love surprises.' I say while opening the envelope. 

'So that's why you had to stop by the country club.' Laurel says to Susannah.

' What is that?' Steven asks curious.

'I wrangled belly and y/n an invitation to be a debutante.' Susannah says happy.

'Is that the thing where the girls wear white dresses and curtsy?' Belly asks Susannah confused.

Then Susannah explains, 'It's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society.' 'I-, I know it sounds silly but I swear it's fun.' 'Girls come from all over New England to Cousins just to be a part of it.' 'You'll make so many new friends.' 

'I cannot believe you are still holding on to this archaic dream.' Laurel tells Susannah while standing up to grab more alcohol. 

'No, it used to be about finding a husband, but now it's about networking.' Susannah tells Laurel.

'I'd love to find me a husband there, you don't see me complaining.' I say laughing 

'HAHAHAHAH.' Everyone laughs except Jeremiah.

'Don't you already have a boyfriend?' Jeremiah asks not knowing I actually don't have one.

'Mhm I do, I was just joking.' I say totally lying causing belly to look at me.

'Wait you have a boyfriend?' Steven asks

'And you didn't even tell me?' Belly says looking disappointed in me.

'I'll tell you later belly.' I say giving her a look. 'Anyways, please continue Susannah.'

Susannah continues, 'It's when a girl has a coming out, it's a formal recognition she's reached maturity.'

Steven and Jeremiah start laughing.

'Oh, I'm sorry, mature.' Steven asks Susannah.

'Yeah.' She replies.

'Belly and y/n?' Jeremiah asks Susannah.

'Mhm.' She answers.

'A couple of months ago belly had a cat funeral and made us all wear black.' Steven says to Belly.

'Shut up Steven, I saw you crying in your room.' Belly replies.

'Ooo, that backfired real quick.' I say teasing Steven.

'y/n you can better stay quiet because remember that one time you accidentally killed your fish because you gave it too much food and then ran to our house and yelled to us that we had to give the fish cpr.' Steven says laughing while full-on embarrassing me.

'HAHAHAH NO WAY YOU DID NOT.' Conrad says.

'No way, Nemo died? I'm sorry y/n/n' Jere says to me.'

'thanks jere.' I say smiling at him.

'Anyways will you two do it?' Susannah asks us.

belly and I start whispering.

'We'll do it.' we say at the same time.

'Omg, I'm so happy!' Susannah says while hugging us.

⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚✿˖°❀⋆˚ 

A/N

finally, chapter 2 is finished. It's not that long but I'm trying to write every day so this story will have more chapters soon. anyways byee and love u.