End of the World - III

Start from the beginning

The Doctor set down the metal spider which scuttled towards Cassandra and scanned her before walking towards the black-gowned group in the corner.

"The Adherents of the Repeated Meme," Cassandra announced. "J'accuse!"

"That's all very well," the Doctor added, "and really kind of obvious, but if you stop and think about it..." He walked over to the leader of the group who went to grab the Time Lord, being quicker than him the Doctor grabbed the robed creature's arm and pulled the arm right off, a robotic arm clearly on show. "A Repeated Meme is just an idea." The Doctor stated. "And that's all they are, an idea. "

The Protector raised a brow and snatched the arm off the Doctor before she pulled one of the wires and all the robed creatures fell to the floor. "Remote controlled Droids." She stated. "Impressive? Yes." She nodded. "Nice cover to distract us from the real owner of our little robot friend? Also yes."

"Go home." The Doctor lightly kicked the spider, the metal creature slowly walked over to Cassandra. "I bet you two were the school swots and never got kissed." She hissed. "At arms!"

Her servants raised their spray guns at the Time Lords. The Protector raised a brow while the Doctor frowned. "What are you going to do, moisturise us?"

"With acid." Cassandra hissed. She began smirking almost. "Oh, you're too late, anyway. My spiders have control of the mainframe." The Protector frowned slightly as Cassandra continued to explain. "Oh, you all carried them as gifts, tax-free, past every code wall. I'm not just a pretty face."

"I wouldn't even say you're that." The Protector replied. "And I've been on some dates in my time."

The Doctor shook his head. "Sabotaging a ship while you're still inside it? How stupid's that?"

"I'd hoped to manufacture a hostage situation with myself as one of the victims. The compensation would have been enormous."

"Five billion years and it still comes down to money." The Protector scoffed.

"Do you think it's cheap, looking like this?" She snapped. "Flatness costs a fortune. I am the last human, Protector. Me. Not that freaky little kid of yours."

The Time Lady narrowed her eyes. "I think we've heard enough."

Moxx nodded in agreement. "Arrest her, the infidel."

"Oh, shut it, pixie." Cassandra rolled her eyes. "I've still got my final option."

As if on queue the computer announced the near end of the Earth: "Earth Death in three minutes."

"And here it comes. You're just as useful dead, all of you. I have shares in your rival companies and they'll triple in price as soon as you're dead. My spiders are primed and ready to destroy the safety systems. How did that old Earth song go? Burn, baby, burn."

"At least you got that one right." The Protector rolled her eyes. "Even I know more and I'm not from there."

Jabe narrowed her eyes at the 'last' human. "Then you'll burn with us."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know the use of teleportation is strictly forbidden, but I'm such a naughty thing. Spiders, activate." The platform shook slightly as a series of explosions went off.

"Forcefields are gone with the planet about to explode. At least it'll be quick. Just like my fifth husband." She sighed slightly. "Oh, shame on me."

"Safety systems failing." The computer announced.

"Bye, bye, darlings. Bye, bye, my darlings." Cassandra and her attendants beamed out in the next second.

"Heat levels rising." The computer stated.