CHAPTER 2

KAHLEESA’S POV:
‘rrrrrriiiiiiiinnnggggggg’
‘rrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg’
‘rrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnggggggg’

“Darn it!” I cursed as I pulled up my sleeping mask. I had a hangover from last night and the loud ringing alarm on my bed side is not helping. After slamming off the alarm clock I get up and head to my kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

It is a Monday morning, my worst working day and with this pounding headache I am really contemplating going to work today. Not even a hundred mugs of coffee and an Advil could help on this one. I dial Millicent’s mobile number and she responds in a panic.

“Kahli, where the hell are you?”

“At home, why? And why do you sound like you ran a marathon?” I ask very much relaxed.

“Kahli, it is 9 o’clock in the morning and you have a meeting with the director of Wyatt Enterprises. The big investor you have been chasing for a half a year now. Remember?”

“Wait! that was today?” it was my turn to get overworked. I check my month planning calendar as I rush to get ready. I had no idea and to think I was planning calling sick today. Darn it Kahli!!

“Yes, it is today and the investor will be here in an hour. You know what that means right? Incase you don’t it means you have to get here in less than an hour!” she screamed.

I am screwed! Terribly screwed! Not because I may not get there on time but because I have no idea what to wear. Ridiculous? Yes, I know but it takes me 30 minutes to put together an outfit, hence, being screwed.

“Kahli, are you there?” Millie’s voice startles me from my sad trance.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I heard you. But there is a problem. I have no idea what to wear!” I reply scorning my face.

“Kahli are you being real right now?” I could see her rolling her eyes. “You have a massive closet full of the best designer suits and you have no idea what to wear?” she scolded.

She tends to do that a lot. I don’t blame her; I can be a handful sometimes.

“Fine. I had picked something anyways” I lie. She hangs up. On me?!

I try my best to take a cold shower and get ready as fast as I can. I had decided to go with a white Prada suit and black Louboutin pumps and a black Louboutin leather tote handbag to match the shoes. In 35 minutes, I was ready to go. I grabbed my keys and left the penthouse I live in.

×--×---×--×---×--×---×--×---×--×---×--×---×--×---×

‘09:55 a.m.’ the clock on my dashboard read. I sigh gathering my purse and my phone. I give my key to the valet and head to the enormous building with the sign K.K ENTERPRISES at the top most floor of the building.

“Thank God you are on time!” Millicent chimed the moment I stepped out of the elevator. She hands me my latte as we head to the conference room.

“Walk me through the presentation one last time” I reply ignoring the fact that she made me look like I lack punctuality in front of all my employees.

“So” she begins as we enter the conference room. She explains everything fast making sure to put the important details first and by the time the investor arrives my memory is full jogged up and ready to go even if I am still hangover.

“They are here” Millicent whispers looking at the glass door behind me. I stand up and watch the investor and his fellow who could probably be his PA enter the glass door to the conference room.

“You must be Mr. Wyatt” I greet putting on my best smile. “I am Kahleesa Kurtzbug and this is my personal assistant, Millicent Moraine.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Kahilisa” he responds smiling. Yikes! Another one that cannot spell my name. “I am Mike Wyatt and this is my partner and brother, Nelson Wyatt” he continues.