"Tsk tsk." I sighed in defeat as he began erasing my masterpiece. "You don't understand true humour, do you?"

"I'm don't go outside enough for this." He muttered under his breath, but it traveled through the mic audibly. "Anyways, I was thinking we could cut off the magic technology and make this presentation entirely about magicless technology.. how does that sound?"

"Sounds good dude," I said, not knowing the difference. They both work, and that's all that matters. I grimaced when I saw 'grid-connected photovoltaic system' within the first sentence. "Just don't get pissy when I ask ten too many questions."

"As long as I live past the first movie as your sensei, I'm good. SRSLY though, I was entirely expecting you to dip and leave me in the mines. And what's worse? I dunno if I'm disappointed or not. I mean, partnerwork...? Seriously? Are the teachers right in their minds? I don't think I'm ready to take the L..."

We had some small discussions about the topics and which diagrams to use as we (miraculously) worked together. Idia didn't seem to mind having to explain the terminology here and there, and clarified ideas without sass. Though surprised, I didn't comment on it since our grades were at stake.

"But man," I sighed, stretching my arms above my head before returning to my back-breaking sitting position. "I can't believe there's no smut in these."

"...I literally sent you semi-confidential information on my parents company's research." Idia said in horror. "This is dark web-worthy."

"I consider the second page of google results to be the dark web."

"You're an actual noob.." He said with genuine shock. "How do you even have a 95% in this class? Do you keyboard smash and hope that autocorrect would do the rest for you?"

"Politics, man." I said. "I love studying middle school drama but with old white men."

"What the hell." I heard him chuckle, and I would admit his voice is attractive if he wasn't so much of a prick.

"Here, I'm sending some final documents. Probably final." I got another notification in my email. "It'a a diagram of a machine that has all the important points we're writing about, so it'll probably be a good example. Unless you wanna use the second one."

The first looked like a laptop, except there were what I assume to be solar panels on the cover. The second one, on the other hand...

"Is that a bird?" I said, scrolling through the document.

"What? Did you stare into a VR Headset for too long? That's a drone, you noob."

"....A spy drone." My eyes sparkled, gasping. "It works for the bourgeoisie..!"

"It's... not a spy drone."

"You're rich and part of the bourgeoisie, of course you'd deny it."

"Valid, but no." He said, scribbling 'SOLAR POWERED DRONE' onto the document paper in bright red. "What are they going to spy on anyways? Teenagers?"

"Nahhh, cause teens these days," I shook my head solemnly. "They're always like 'I have so much rizz' but then won't even do a courtship display of giving shiny rocks and flapping their wings and building nests."