"Saltwater intrusion refers to the intrusion of seawater to any other forms of water, specifically freshwaters like wells." Everyone was stunned when Lucien suddenly stood up and answered the question instead of Keiran.

"Very good, Lucien. I hope everyone heard that. You can now take your seats. Again, saltwater intrusion... " The teacher resumed the discussion.

"Phew, thanks for saving me." He whispered to his seatmate.

"Why don't you just listen attentively instead of looking at me?" It was a whisper but enough for Keiran to hear.

Keiran's brows crossed and looked at him with a confused expression.

"W-What?" Keiran uttered in disbelief, but he was totally ignored by the other party.

Keiran just breathed deeply to calm himself before drifting his attention to the discussion.

----------------------------------

"Ugh, I can't believe Ms. Cruz tasked me to be that newbie's student buddy for nearly a month," Keiran whined as soon as he entered their club room and seated on one of the chairs at the meeting table.

"Come on, you're his seatmate, so you automatically became his student buddy, right?" Krist chuckled.

"He's right, besides, it's not like you'll be together forever, right? Unless you have a change of mind and become friends with him." Rytz giggled.

"Be FRIENDS? with HIM? That's impossible, it's obvious he doesn't want anyone near him. It feels like he was a predator preparing to eat its prey anytime, tsk! " Keiran whined like a child.

"He even told me I was nosy." He resumed.

"He just told you to listen to the discussion and stop staring at him. Which means you staring at him was making him uncomfortable." Krist corrected.

"Wait, are you taking his side?" Keiran looked pissed.

"Hahaha. Of course not, just telling the truth." Krist chuckled at his friend who was pouting.

"By the way, didn't you take him on a campus tour during the break?" Rytz suddenly asked.

"Yeah, thanks to both of you I went with him ALONE, tsk!" Keiran rolled his eyes.

"Oh, something came up earlier so I wasn't able to come with you. So, how was it?" She asked with eyes filled with anticipation.

"It was so great that I could barely utter a single word with him." He intended to put a sarcastic tone in his voice.

"I ended up looking stupid babbling about the places we stopped or passed by, but I didn't get any response from him aside from him just simply staring at me." He ranted.

"Besides, I can't help but be intimidated by his cold gazes and expressionless face. It feels like he's going to devour me anytime." He continued.

"Come on, he might look unsociable and scary but I believe he's a good guy." The girl commented.

"Yeah, and besides didn't he just transfer? So, it means he hasn't joined any clubs yet."

Rytz snapped her fingers and looked at Krist with excitement.

"You're right! Keiran, why don't you invite him to join our club? By that, we could finally save it right?"

Keiran looked at them with crumpled brows.

"You sure about this?" If it's for the club, he'll probably do anything just to save it.

"Why not? He's your student buddy, and take note, he's also your seatmate so you are probably the one who's closer to him. So why not convince him to join us rather than beating ourselves and handing out flyers to others who aren't even interested, right?"

"I'm with her." Krist agreed.

For a while, the boy was silent and spaced out. Then, they heard him sigh.

"Ok fine, I'll convince him, BUT, both of you should also help me."

"Sure!"

________________________

After class, Daemond silently stood up and was about to leave when someone suddenly held his hand and stopped him.

"Oh, sorry... I didn't mean to startle you." Keiran immediately released his wrist as if he was burnt when Lucien's cold piercing eyes turned to him.

"What do you want?" He said in a firm emotionless tone.

Keiran gulped and took a deep breath 

"Uhm, I just want to inform you that everyone needs to join a school club for extracurricular involvement. Since you just transferred here, would you mind joining our club?" He smiled awkwardly to hide his agitation.

"No" Lucien replied and walked away.

"But--Hey!--" Keiran tried to stop him again, but the young man already left the classroom before he could utter a word. Keiran didn't have a choice but to sigh in dismay. That was one straight response he got.

"Just so you wait, Luci-- Luca-- ugh! whatever name it is. I will do everything to make you join the club, tsk!" Keiran uttered while glaring at the door.