❝︎CHAPTER EIGHTEEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐫 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄 came in sight, Juniper had never been so happy to see Hogwarts in her entire life. The car landed roughly on the ground and the group were quick to jump out. Juniper took a step away from the car, looking at how rough it looked. She put her hands on her knees, taking a moment to breathe. How did she manage to get herself into these situations every single time? She looked up from the ground when Ron's agitated voice could be heard.

"Follow the spiders. Follow the spiders! If Hagrid ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill him!" The sound of the car cranking made Juniper look at the car. She moved to stand beside of Harry as the car closed its doors, backed up and drove into the woods. Ron continued, "I mean, what was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out?"

"We know one thing," Harry said confidently. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He was innocent."

"Well, that's great and all, but next time you want to find out information, try not to get us killed." Juniper hissed, running a hand through her hair. She placed her hands on her hips as she looked at Harry. He had a frown on his face and she softly sighed. "I know that you just want to prove his innocence and figure this out, I do too, Harry. I need to know who did this to Hermione so that I can make sure it doesn't happen again, but this is the second year in a row where we've been put in situations where we're inches away from death. Harry, I'm all that my mom has left. I'm just saying we need to be more careful. Take precautions. Think first before jumping headfirst into danger."

"I know," Harry nodded his head. "I'm sorry for dragging you guys into this."

Juniper shook her head. "Don't be sorry. We're your friends. We're going to help you no matter what. I just wish it didn't involve us almost dying." She sent Harry a smile before wrapping an arm around his shoulders, wrapping the other one around Ron's. They began to head back towards the castle. Juniper kept a smile on her face. "I'd say this was a pretty successful day, don't you?" Harry smiled at her and Ron just shook his head.

As they made it into the Gryffindor common room, Juniper said her goodnights before making her way into her and Hermione's room. It was quiet again. This time instead of Hermione not being here because of a potion mishap, she was here because someone had petrified her. It made Juniper angry every time she thought about it. She wanted to know who this person was, she wanted to take them down. She wanted Hermione back. She couldn't stand a quiet room. She couldn't stand being alone.

The thought made her laugh. Juniper's been alone her entire life. Why is the thought suddenly so terrifying to her? She's never needed anyone before except for her mother and Remus, but that was it. Juniper was independent and she liked to silently study by herself. . . that was until Hermione started to silently study with her. When they weren't with Ron and Harry, it was just them alone in this room, both of their noses in books. They would occasionally make conversation if the book was interesting enough. Now, standing in this room, with no sign of Hermione except for her trunk that was neatly placed at the end of her bed, Juniper wished that Hermione was in there with her.